Ricardo Johnson Named Head Coach at Covington Holy Cross.

HUGE congratulations to now Head Coach Ricardo Johnson and to the Holy Cross administration on providing an opportunity to a young and energetic coach! Many criticized coach Johnson for not having high school experience or leading a program, etc. etc.  However, winning a State Championship, starting on a D1 program and then subsequently getting several years of coaching at the college level in various capacities, regardless of how some tried to minimize that stint, is experience.  Additionally, he's spent a few years coaching at the AAU level with HS players, some of them from Holy Cross. 

I'm pulling for Ricardo to be successful and hope he continues to build on Holy Cross' tradition!

Good Luck Coach Johnson!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hector607 said:

Slam dunk and easy choice. Holmes will be sorry

The fact that Ricardo didn't even get an interview is what is so mind boggling to me. Both him and Ross Hart deserved better when they expressed interest in the opening. I think Beechwood and Holy Cross will both do well with their new hires. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think this is a really good fit for everyone, especially Ricardo. This is an almost ideal situation for him as a first time head coach.

I am curious.  Why is this the ideal situation for him as a first time coach?

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Ricardo Johnson Named Head Coach at Covington Holy Cross.