Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Player of the Year Predictions

Featured Replies

Been an interesting year so far in the 9th Region. Just wondering who everyone thinks will win POY this year?

If I were to have a ballot, this would be my vote:

1. Cameron Boyd (Beechwood)

2. Brody Mangold (Conner)

3. Jonathan Fitz (CovCath)

4. Roman Furuta (Ryle)

5. Matt Kappes (Beechwood)

6. Dylan McEntire (Ryle)

7.  Ethan Bosley (Dixie)

8. Bradley Zekl (Covington Catholic)

9. Jack Hendrix (Highlands)

10. Matthew Resing (St. Henry)

11. Jason Dorning (Holy Cross)

12. Brayden Stidham (Conner)

Now that the tourney is over, what are thoughts on this?

 

My list would be:

1: Cam Boyd Beechwood

2: Jonathan Fitz CCH

3: Jack Hendrix Highlands

4: Matt Kappes Beechwood

5: Brody Mangold Conner

6: Dylan McIntyre Ryle

7: Ethan Bosley Dixie

8: Bradley Zekl CCH

9: Brayden Stidham Conner

10: Jason Dorning Holy Cross

11: Carson Shea St Henry

12: Ryan DeBurger Highlands

 

Some really really good players in the 9th this year!  I would rank them as follows:

1.  Boyd  2.  Hendrix  3.  Bosley 

Congratulations to all on great seasons. 

Boyd is the pick. I am totally puzzled how he doesn't have a high level D1 baseball scholarship. He is arguably player of the year in the entire state.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Boyd is the pick. I am totally puzzled how he doesn't have a high level D1 baseball scholarship. He is arguably player of the year in the entire state.

Agree on all counts here.  Boyd had (is having) a tremendous season.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Boyd is the pick. I am totally puzzled how he doesn't have a high level D1 baseball scholarship. He is arguably player of the year in the entire state.

Totally baffled by this too! He could hang at a lot of higher D1s.
 

Some of these colleges are committing 8th graders yet this guy has barely been looked at? I think schools look too young at “projectability” and lose out of fantastic players who have proven themselves by Junior or Senior years. It’s the whole PBR/Showcase thing vs actually watching a kid play.

  • Author
5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Boyd is the pick. I am totally puzzled how he doesn't have a high level D1 baseball scholarship. He is arguably player of the year in the entire state.

Frankly, I'm stunned NKU let him get out of Northern Ky. Seems like he would have been a perfect fit there. 

  • Author
12 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Now that the tourney is over, what are thoughts on this?

 

My list would be:

1: Cam Boyd Beechwood

2: Jonathan Fitz CCH

3: Jack Hendrix Highlands

4: Matt Kappes Beechwood

5: Brody Mangold Conner

6: Dylan McIntyre Ryle

7: Ethan Bosley Dixie

8: Bradley Zekl CCH

9: Brayden Stidham Conner

10: Jason Dorning Holy Cross

11: Carson Shea St Henry

12: Ryan DeBurger Highlands

 

Only things I would edit would be to add Roman Furuta (Ryle) and include Matthew Resing as the St. Henry rep. 

Cameron Boyd was just announced as the 9th Region Player of the year.
 

Congrats to Cam on an incredible baseball career thus far. I can’t wait to watch him at the state tournament and Southern Indiana. 

Congrats to Cam! I was surprised that he wasn’t named on the tournament team.

2 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Cameron Boyd was just announced as the 9th Region Player of the year.
 

Congrats to Cam on an incredible baseball career thus far. I can’t wait to watch him at the state tournament and Southern Indiana. 

WELL DESERVED AND HARD EARNED!

Congrats to Cameron Boyd!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.