2023 Oaks and Derby

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Trainer who had 2 horses die has been suspended and all his horses banned from racing, including his Derby entry.

I think I read where two of the horses died while they were doing their daily training.  The other two were in such bad shape that they had to be uthanized. 

7 hours ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

I think I read where two of the horses died while they were doing their daily training.  The other two were in such bad shape that they had to be uthanized. 

Horses were not in such bad shape.  Happens all the time in racing.  Horses also get injured often and not always fatal.  Just another opportunity for those that want to protest everything to complain.

4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Horses were not in such bad shape.  Happens all the time in racing.  Horses also get injured often and not always fatal.  

Your kidding, right? 😊  Just odd that this should happen two days before the derby. How do you know that these two horses weren't in bad shape? They don't uthanize healthy horses.

I've been around  the track a few times over the last fifty years. I don't know if you can tell me something about horse racing that I don't already know. If you do that's great, good for you.

1 minute ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

Your kidding, right? 😊  Just odd that this should happen two days before the derby. How do you know that these two horses weren't in bad shape? They don't uthanize healthy horses.

I've been around  the track a few times over the last fifty years. I don't know if you can tell me something about horse racing that I don't already know. If you do that's great, good for you.

Obviously you don't know me. I would be the last person on earth to complain about about horse racing. I still hate what they did to River downs.

6 hours ago, 1963 BIRDS said:

The horses in question were not euthanized.  They died on the track at conclusion of race.  I too have been around the track for 50 years also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The horses in question were not euthanized.  They died on the track at conclusion of race.  I too have been around the track for 50 years also.

I'm tired of beating these dead horses. No pun intended. I guess the news stations got it wrong. I hope you have good luck on your derby picks.  I'm done.