Covington Catholic 66 St. Henry 55 (9th Region Quarterfinals)

🔵 Final at NKU's Truist Arena via the Colonel Athletic Network. 

BGP's eighth ranked Colonels improve to 27-4. They'll play in Sunday's semifinals vs. the winner of Cooper/Highlands.

Cov Cath 16-17-12-21 • 66

St. Henry 12-12-15-16 • 55 

Link to game thread and video clips by Evan Dennison here -> @EvanDennison1

FqLS2owXsAEqHzJ.jpeg

• Like 1

17 of 18 from the foul line is really impressive for a high school team.  St Henry's 11 of 16 actually felt worse than that in person, I thought they missed more than 5.  

I also think St Henry would have taken 35% from three, and especially 44% in the 2nd half, and taken their chances.  

That and their dominance on the glass kept the Cru hanging around, in spite of the constant ball pressure and turnovers forced, but in the end, Ipsaro and the 18 turnovers proved to be too much. 

1 hour ago, Bluesport said:

Yes but 2 shots for him is still ridiculous. 

I think two things can be true ~

Fedders had zero FG attempts in the Cru's District final loss to Lloyd. And from looking at their box scores there is little, if any, correlation to his shooting and St. Henry wins and losses.

It's also true that he'll get fewer opportunities with Ravenscraft in the game. That's a risky proposition when Rhet was shooting 34% from the field entering last night's game, or anytime he's second or third in attempts for the team on any given night.

3 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

I think two things can be true ~

Fedders had zero FG attempts in the Cru's District final loss to Lloyd. And from looking at their box scores there is little, if any, correlation to his shooting and St. Henry wins and losses.

It's also true that he'll get fewer opportunities with Ravenscraft in the game. That's a risky proposition when Rhet was shooting 34% from the field entering last night's game, or anytime he's second or third in attempts for the team on any given night.

KHSAA doesn’t have the stats correct for the Lloyd game. Braden had plenty of points and took the shot in the final seconds down one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

KHSAA doesn’t have the stats correct for the Lloyd game. Braden had plenty of points and took the shot in the final seconds down one.

Not a KHSAA thing; stats are submitted by school staff. If there's a change needed, St. Henry has to change them. One can only work with information provided. Who has fewer points/attempts? Link ~

scoreboard/khsaa/kybbk22/stats

Screenshot_20230302-224418__01.jpg

Those LLoyd stats are incorrect... I believe Reis' shooting stats are actually Fedders' shooting stats. I was at the Lloyd game and they were doubling down on Fedders and the guards (including Rhet) couldn't get it into to him. I believe sometimes schools depend on huddle to report their stats. So, St Henry had to adjust, hence Fedders not scoring as usual... Kudos to Lloyd. 

• Like 2