Mercy 60 Covington Holy Cross 50

6 minutes ago, CardinalsFan said:

What in the you know what happened to the shooting @Baseball Nut 24??  I listened for most of it and I don’t think I heard Sara Bottom’s name called one time?  This seemed like a very winnable game. 

What was the deal?

-CardinalsFan

She and McCoy did not play much maybe a few minutes.  They are not hurt.  I can only guess that Arlinghaus was going with a more defensive/aggressive lineup.  

12 minutes ago, rjal said:

She and McCoy did not play much maybe a few minutes.  They are not hurt.  I can only guess that Arlinghaus was going with a more defensive/aggressive lineup.  

So at what point do you decide that it wasn’t working and they needed offense?  Isn’t Bottom the leading scorer on the team?  

Did that strategy make sense to you?

-CardinalsFan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

What in the you know what happened to the shooting @Baseball Nut 24??  I listened for most of it and I don’t think I heard Sara Bottom’s name called one time?  This seemed like a very winnable game. 

What was the deal?

-CardinalsFan

Holy Cross was out-of-sync all night especially on the offensive end. It was not how they have been playing for most of the year and especially during their 10-game winning streak. Our defense was able to force almost 20 turnovers but were unable to convert those into any transition or easy buckets. Give Mercy credit coming into the Finn and beating us a little short-handed. Leah Macy is the real deal!

Not sure about playing time or rotations last night but maybe it was more matchup-based I don't know. I know coach has done a great job all year. He will have them ready to go for post season next week. It was a very winnable game for sure but it was one loss. They sit 23-6 after last night. Hopefully they can get back on the winning side tomorrow at Simon Kenton to close out regular season play.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Holy Cross was out-of-sync all night especially on the offensive end. It was not how they have been playing for most of the year and especially during their 10-game winning streak. Our defense was able to force almost 20 turnovers but were unable to convert those into any transition or easy buckets. Give Mercy credit coming into the Finn and beating us a little short-handed. Leah Macy is the real deal!

Not sure about playing time or rotations last night but maybe it was more matchup-based I don't know. I know coach has done a great job all year. He will have them ready to go for post season next week. It was a very winnable game for sure but it was one loss. They sit 23-6 after last night. Hopefully they can get back on the winning side tomorrow at Simon Kenton to close out regular season play.

What did HC shoot from three last night, if you have a box?  Sounded like they didn't make many, in the time I was listening.  

I think it was something like one for 12 or 13.  I think Bottom only shot one or two Aleah Arlinghaus shot maybe two or three. They are our highest percentage shooters from the three that have actually shot a fair amount.  I don’t know the exact stats, but Mercy did not shoot particularly well either Number 34 who normally shoots about 41% was well below her average, Macy missed five or six free throws and she is 84% on the year so that it is very uncommon.  It was just a very physical game 

• Thanks 3

On 2/13/2023 at 9:56 PM, The Double Deuce said:

Mercy picks up the quality road win in this battle of Top 10 teams in the state.  

Great job to @Baseball Nut 24, they did a terrific job calling this one.  I don't know how big the crowd was, but they certainly sounded loud and engaged.  

Sounds like both Macy and Hunt delivered big for their teams.  

30 points and 19 rebounds for Leah Macy.

• Thanks 1