Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County 84 Ryle 69

Featured Replies

Final from Dry Ridge.

Grant beat them by more than SK or Walton Verona did. Therefore they will probably drop a few more spots in the regional rankings…??

Sounds about right.  
Hammonds 40 &13, Breeden 20&6, Wills 13 and 6 boards for the Braves. 
Verax with 20 and Davis with 17 to lead the RAIDERS.  Ryle will be very solid.  Some really good underclassmen.  

1 hour ago, Hoopstars said:

Grant beat them by more than SK or Walton Verona did. Therefore they will probably drop a few more spots in the regional rankings…??

It’s a fairly simple concept I would think, Walton-Verona has defeated a top-20 team in the state, Simon Kenton defeated the #1 team in the region and #4 team in the state. Grant is actually ranked higher than Walton-Verona, and their game next week will be the deciding factor between the two for now until tournament time.

I don’t think an out of region point margin in a win makes someone better than a team with a lot better resume.

I have not hated on Grant County really once all year, and actually had them ranked as high as 3rd in the region until they plummeted multiple games in a week to some of the better teams in the region.

27 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

It’s a fairly simple concept I would think, Walton-Verona has defeated a top-20 team in the state, Simon Kenton defeated the #1 team in the region and #4 team in the state. Grant is actually ranked higher than Walton-Verona, and their game next week will be the deciding factor between the two for now until tournament time.

I don’t think an out of region point margin in a win makes someone better than a team with a lot better resume.

I have not hated on Grant County really once all year, and actually had them ranked as high as 3rd in the region until they plummeted multiple games in a week to some of the better teams in the region.

I’m just joking around.  But you do have a double standard with Grant. Probably not intentional but you do. Grant beats Owen- but!- Moore played, but not whole game so doesn’t count!  Sk beats North- without Dallas, a great win for SK over a top 5 team!  Grant beats Oldham by 30- but!- it was early in year. Owen beats grant early in year- head to head matters a bunch!  Grant loses tight game to Spencer- bad loss. Oldham lost tight game to Spencer- good close loss against a top team !  Grant beats Lex Christian and Oldham losses to them by 25- and grant beats Conner, but out region games don’t factor in- unless you beat seneca and then it’s a good out of region win!  Take away Simon Kenton’s win against north and you have a very vanilla resume. Lost to a bad CAL team. Got beat pretty badly by an average highlands team. Lost to Conner. Scored 32 in a win vs Cooper. Good win vs Ashland. What’s so magical about them- oh I know, they beat grant- and head to head matters a bunch!  For whatever reason Grant gets a microscope no other team gets in the rankings. Again- it’s obvious the rankings are just predictions- nothing wrong with that at all.  But let’s just call them that.

1 hour ago, Hoopstars said:

I’m just joking around.  But you do have a double standard with Grant. Probably not intentional but you do. Grant beats Owen- but!- Moore played, but not whole game so doesn’t count!  Sk beats North- without Dallas, a great win for SK over a top 5 team!  Grant beats Oldham by 30- but!- it was early in year. Owen beats grant early in year- head to head matters a bunch!  Grant loses tight game to Spencer- bad loss. Oldham lost tight game to Spencer- good close loss against a top team !  Grant beats Lex Christian and Oldham losses to them by 25- and grant beats Conner, but out region games don’t factor in- unless you beat seneca and then it’s a good out of region win!  Take away Simon Kenton’s win against north and you have a very vanilla resume. Lost to a bad CAL team. Got beat pretty badly by an average highlands team. Lost to Conner. Scored 32 in a win vs Cooper. Good win vs Ashland. What’s so magical about them- oh I know, they beat grant- and head to head matters a bunch!  For whatever reason Grant gets a microscope no other team gets in the rankings. Again- it’s obvious the rankings are just predictions- nothing wrong with that at all.  But let’s just call them that.

Man, with receipts. I'm gonna have to ask you to do my taxes this year.

8 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

I’m just joking around.  But you do have a double standard with Grant. Probably not intentional but you do. Grant beats Owen- but!- Moore played, but not whole game so doesn’t count!  Sk beats North- without Dallas, a great win for SK over a top 5 team!  Grant beats Oldham by 30- but!- it was early in year. Owen beats grant early in year- head to head matters a bunch!  Grant loses tight game to Spencer- bad loss. Oldham lost tight game to Spencer- good close loss against a top team !  Grant beats Lex Christian and Oldham losses to them by 25- and grant beats Conner, but out region games don’t factor in- unless you beat seneca and then it’s a good out of region win!  Take away Simon Kenton’s win against north and you have a very vanilla resume. Lost to a bad CAL team. Got beat pretty badly by an average highlands team. Lost to Conner. Scored 32 in a win vs Cooper. Good win vs Ashland. What’s so magical about them- oh I know, they beat grant- and head to head matters a bunch!  For whatever reason Grant gets a microscope no other team gets in the rankings. Again- it’s obvious the rankings are just predictions- nothing wrong with that at all.  But let’s just call them that.

Okay let me recap here... 

An Owen with a halfway Teagan Moore is a mediocre basketball team, it is a good win for Grant and I said that in the review. When SK beat North, I talked about how Dallas Roberts was out and said it wasn't as impressive as it sounds. SK fans were not happy when I said this, and were saying the exact thing you are now. Grant beat Oldham by 30 yes, and when this happened I believe is when I jumped them up to the #3 spot in the region. Owen beat Grant, and I happened to be at the game. Grant County looked to have no offense against a good defense with height inside (same applies to Collins, I attended that game as well). Rankings are not fully predictions, if they were then Woodford County would be top-3 in the region. Grant County gets no bigger "microscope" on them than every other team in the region when I do the rankings (or predictions in your words). When Grant County lost a close one to Spencer, I said that in the review saying that it was a "good" loss. 

I not once said out of region games do not matter, I just don't take as much judgement into them as I do not know as much about them. If I didn't take them into account, North Oldham probably wouldn't be #1 in the region. If you looked at every team in the region, I probably have blemishes in all of them. Not any team is probably perfect, however I am not sure that I can move Grant County up much more than they are right now. 

I’m new here, but it seems like the folks that are fans from the 32nd district always feel slighted?

54 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

I’m new here, but it seems like the folks that are fans from the 32nd district always feel slighted?

Oddly enough I’ve never stepped foot in grant county, struggle to even remember which direction it’s located and barely know which teams make up their district…

21 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Oddly enough I’ve never stepped foot in grant county, struggle to even remember which direction it’s located and barely know which teams make up their district…

Have you ever seen any of these teams play this year?

24 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Oddly enough I’ve never stepped foot in grant county, struggle to even remember which direction it’s located and barely know which teams make up their district…

You’ve never driven on I-75 between Lexington and Northern KY?

Edited by Colonel-Rebel Fan

4 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

You’ve never driven on I-75 between Lexington and Northern KY?

I was thinking probably but Hoopstars didn't stop.  If you do want to check out a cool place in Grant County I would try the Moonbird:

https://www.moonbirdky.com/

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I was thinking probably but Hoopstars didn't stop.  If you do want to check out a cool place in Grant County I would try the Moonbird:

https://www.moonbirdky.com/

I’ll have to check it out 


They needed something like that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.