Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County 84 Ryle 69

Featured Replies

Just now, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

I’ll have to check it out 


They needed something like that.

It is very nice. 

28 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Have you ever seen any of these teams play this year?

Yes. All of them. Khsaa scoreboard app is also a good resource when ranking/comparing. 

2 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Yes. All of them. Khsaa scoreboard app is also a good resource when ranking/comparing. 

It is, but at the same time it takes a ton of research to truly figure it out based off just scores. One thing that I did not mention before is that I also put the "eye-test" into my rankings as well. I have seen every team play (many of them multiple times) other than Henry County, and feel that you can tell the true talent of a team by watching rather than scores and stats. 

I’ve seen some in person, some online, and follow here and KHSAA 

My Top 10 currently if everyone is healthy.

1. NO, even without Scales

2. Collins

3. WC

4. SK

5.  Oldham Co

6.  Owen Co

7.  Spencer Co

8. Grant Co

9.  WV

10. Anderson Co

 

43 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Yes. All of them. Khsaa scoreboard app is also a good resource when ranking/comparing. 

So how would you rank the 32nd or the entire region?

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

So how would you rank the 32nd or the entire region?

Based on performance this year in total, not who’s hot the last moth and not potential  I’d go:

tier 1 easy- North. Collins. 

tier 2 challenging- SK, Spencer, Grant, owen.  Case for any order could be made.

tier 3 easy- Oldham, Woodford, Walton Verona.  order pretty easy  

potential to win region/who’s playing best recently:

North

Collins, OC, Woodford 

Spencer, Grant, Owen,

SK- I just can't see them scoring enough to win 3 straight games in region and they don’t have a take over guy- everyone else on the list does…

No one else has a chance IMO…

Typed quickly so I’m sure some glaring omissions!

 

 

 


 

29 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Based on performance this year in total, not who’s hot the last moth and not potential  I’d go:

tier 1 easy- North. Collins. 

tier 2 challenging- SK, Spencer, Grant, owen.  Case for any order could be made.

tier 3 easy- Oldham, Woodford, Walton Verona.  order pretty easy  

potential to win region/who’s playing best recently:

North

Collins, OC, Woodford 

Spencer, Grant, Owen,

SK- I just can't see them scoring enough to win 3 straight games in region and they don’t have a take over guy- everyone else on the list does…

No one else has a chance IMO…

Typed quickly so I’m sure some glaring omissions!

 

 

 


 

That is a fair list, and is actually very similar to my rankings when you put both together, other than SK. They have potentially the best defense in the region, I think that will play a huge factor when it comes time for tournaments. 

I really only see one of Collins, Woodford, or North Oldham really having a serious shot.

Oldham, Owen, and Grant are all good, but not deep enough.

No offense, but we always hear about Spencer and SK making a run, but it seems like they always fade out early in New Castle.

Luck of the draw is also a big factor.  In 2016, Owen was on fire coming into the 8th tournament, draw a hot district runner up South Oldham, it’s over for Owen just like that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.