Cooper 60 Bracken County 43

1 hour ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Two more technical fouls for the Polar Bears in this one.  Also heard that things got chippy in the stands between the fanbases that was bad enough to warrant the cop that was there to go say something.

I really believe that it's time that the Super of the Bracken school system addresses this issue.  It might just be getting out of control.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I really believe that it's time that the Super of the Bracken school system addresses this issue.  It might just be getting out of control.

Not familiar with this story - what’s the nutshell summary?

1 hour ago, Mojocat said:

Not familiar with this story - what’s the nutshell summary?

Coach Reed and his two sons are just about uncontrollable by the refs.  Now it appears the fans are joining in.  The coach was out for this and I believe the next game for technicals.

1 minute ago, 4 Quarters said:

Coach Reed and his two sons are just about uncontrollable by the refs.  Now it appears the fans are joining in.  The coach was out for this and I believe the next game for technicals.

Well, that's a sad tale.  Didn't these boys used to play for Augusta?  One of them is in my kid's grade (a junior now), so I remember him.  Good player, but not worth all of that.  I presume the coach and his kids arrived as a package deal (maybe totally erroneous assumption), so reigning them in may be difficult.  Promises made, etc.....

10 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

Well, that's a sad tale.  Didn't these boys used to play for Augusta?  One of them is in my kid's grade (a junior now), so I remember him.  Good player, but not worth all of that.  I presume the coach and his kids arrived as a package deal (maybe totally erroneous assumption), so reigning them in may be difficult.  Promises made, etc.....

I don't think they were ever at Augusta, they live in Maysville.  I'm guessing you're correct in your assumptions.

8 hours ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Two more technical fouls for the Polar Bears in this one.  Also heard that things got chippy in the stands between the fanbases that was bad enough to warrant the cop that was there to go say something.

The first technical came at 5:07 in the 1st quarter on Devante Jefferson.

The game was tied at 23 at halftime. 

Blake Reed got a technical at 1:00 in the 4th. 

Nothing got chippy on the court.  I don’t know about in the stands.  You can watch it on YouTube. 

Bracken County does have a policy that if a fan gets removed from any event home or away, they cannot attend any event home or away for the remainder of the school year  

The KHSAA gives a 3-game suspension from games in all ejections.  Bracken County administration also gave Coach Reed a 5-day suspension from the program including practices. 

• Like 1

As for all the technicals that have been called against Bracken County the last 3.5 seasons, I don’t think there is an excuse or answer for.  The first couple years I just to reason they were young.  However, it’s year 4 now and things have not gotten any better. 

I think there will be a new athletic department policy on sportsmanship from the Bracken County administration soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1