2023 Bowl Games & Locations

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I still haven't seen any updates on any of these.

The games at Corbin and Danville have been premier bowls for a long time. Hopefully they'll be able to fill in the games.

It appears the Pike County Bowl is finding out of county opponents for all six Pike County teams this season. That's quite a lot of teams to accumulate. Hopefully they can get someone but I suspect most schedules are almost complete at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, Down4theblue said:

Looks like Simon Kenton V Woodford the 2nd week in a bowl game. Don’t know if that’s the undercard or the main event. I hope the SK folks get to watch the live stream. (Inside joke) 

I think PLD and Mercer is the undercard.

I think Glasgow isn’t having the Scottie bowl this year not sure why. I’m not sure if this is a one year deal or if it’s gone for good I hope just a one year thing and I’m not sure if maybe they just couldn’t come up with the teams to play in it this year or couldn’t get sponsorships or what. This bowl is roughly 20 years old it started out as the TJ Samson with Glasgow and Barren Co swapping as hosts every other year and then became the Scottie Bowl with three other teams coming in as Barren Co starting their on bowl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, Down4theblue said:

Looks like Simon Kenton V Woodford the 2nd week in a bowl game. Don’t know if that’s the undercard or the main event. I hope the SK folks get to watch the live stream. (Inside joke) 

On 4/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, Down4theblue said:

I think PLD and Mercer is the undercard.

Woodford County Bowl
Aug 25 at Woodford County
Paul Laurence Dunbar vs. Mercer County - 6:00pm
Simon Kenton vs. Woodford County - 8:00pm

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 4:05 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So bowl games that appear to still be looking for more teams:

August 18/19:
Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic at Corbin - (1) more team needed
Kenway Concrete Bowl at Warren East - (1) more team needed

August 25/26:
Oliver Livestock Bowl at Taylor County - (1) more team needed
Pike County Bowl - (1) more team needed to play East Ridge
Whitaker Bank Pigskin Classic at Danville - (1) more team needed

On 3/30/2023 at 8:02 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

The games at Corbin and Danville have been premier bowls for a long time. Hopefully they'll be able to fill in the games.

It appears the Pike County Bowl is finding out of county opponents for all six Pike County teams this season. That's quite a lot of teams to accumulate. Hopefully they can get someone but I suspect most schedules are almost complete at this point.

Corbin has filled out their bowl schedule, as has Warren East.

Still haven't seen any adds to the Pigskin Classic at Danville or the opponent for East Ridge in the Pike County Bowl. And no word on the Oliver Livestock Bowl at Taylor County either.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, newarkcatholicfan said:

Pike County Bowl
(Is this correct?)

Fri/Aug 25 Martin County vs Pike County Central
George Rogers Clark At Belfry

Sat/Aug 26
Prestonburg vs East Ridge
Johnson Central at Pikeville

Possibly? When Prestonsburg released their schedule back in January they were scheduled against Paintsville in Week 2, but now Paintsville has released their schedule and they are showing a game against Paris in Week 2.

• Thanks 1