Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

45th District

Featured Replies

The 45th district has, arguably, 3-4 of the top 6 teams in the region. Through January 13th, here are the district standings:

Lincoln 2-0; DCA & Garrard 2-2; Danville & Boyle 1-2. Other than Lincoln, the results are all over the place. 
 

So far, Lincoln hasn’t been the dominant  team that everyone had expected. They’ve dealt with injuries and still may be able to put it all together. They have Ralston and Alcorn as a great 1-2 punch. DCA may be the most inconsistent team in that they can look like a regional contender one night, then look very average the next. Dut can be hard to handle and Ayiei changes the game defensively. Garrard has overachieved and has perhaps the best scorer in Cooper, not only in the district, but maybe in the region. But do they have enough of a supporting cast? Danville has also been inconsistent but has shown the ability to beat anyone. Led by Barnes, they’re very balanced but lack size. Boyle appears to have reduced their rotation since the start of the new year. But can they field a team that has enough offensive firepower to contend?

How is 14-5 inconsistent? Danville don't really have a bad loss. 

17 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

How is 14-5 inconsistent? Danville don't really have a bad loss. 

Their best win is within district too, don’t really have any big wins IMO. 

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

How is 14-5 inconsistent? Danville don't really have a bad loss. 

Fair, that’s a solid record. But they’re 1-2 in district play.  

I feel like Danville is going to be solid come district tourney time. Ed is starting to get them tuned in and finding their rhythm. I think 2-5 is very even in this district. DCA, Danville, Garrard, Boyle

Toughest District in the Region hands down. Other than Pulaski and West Jessamine, no other team has a chance to win Region. Just think 3 of the top teams in the region won't even make the Regional tournament. 

  • Author

I had initially included the All A game between Danville & DCA. After tonight, here are the current records in district games:

Lincoln 3-0

DCA 2-1

Boyle  2-2

Garrard 2-3

Danville 0-3

Going to be difficult but not impossible for Danville to escape playing in the 4/5 game. I would imagine that at the end of the year the way it looks now is close to the final standings, with Boyle and Garrard possibly flipping 3 and 4. That second Boyle vs. Garrard game proved to be just as exciting as the first and gave Boyle the leg up in that race. 

I still think it is Lincoln and DCA getting out of the district but anything really could happen.

So as of right now Danville would play Garrard, then the winner of that would play Lincoln first round? 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:51 PM, Statsdontlie said:

Toughest District in the Region hands down. Other than Pulaski and West Jessamine, no other team has a chance to win Region. Just think 3 of the top teams in the region won't even make the Regional tournament. 

I don't understand this energy.  For example, Wayne Co. (who is 11-7) has beat Boyle, Garrard and DCA.  I'll give you Lincoln being consensus #1 but any of the other 4 teams can be beat by other teams in the region.  It is collectively the best district (it usually is), but Lincoln is the top dog and the other teams are similar to the rest of the region.

8 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

It is collectively the best district (it usually is), but Lincoln is the top dog and the other teams are similar to the rest of the region.

I do think Lincoln County has separated themselves a bit in recent weeks. As someone else mentioned, avoiding that 4/5 game is huge for the other four schools. Playing a 2/3 game against a team you've likely already beaten once with a trip to the region on the line is much more appealing that having to beat someone in the 4/5 game then win against Lincoln on their home floor the next night.

As for the back part of your comment (other teams are similar to the rest of the region), I agree 100%. I've thought all year there is a collection of about 8-10 teams in the 12th that are all capable of beating, and being beaten by, everyone else. How that plays out in the region tournament will be fascinating.

36 minutes ago, DearToday said:

So as of right now Danville would play Garrard, then the winner of that would play Lincoln first round? 

Correct.

30 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I don't understand this energy.  For example, Wayne Co. (who is 11-7) has beat Boyle, Garrard and DCA.  I'll give you Lincoln being consensus #1 but any of the other 4 teams can be beat by other teams in the region.  It is collectively the best district (it usually is), but Lincoln is the top dog and the other teams are similar to the rest of the region.

At the end of the day, there will be two teams from the 45th, with the likelihood that one of them will be Lincoln, then most likely West Jessamine, Mercer County, Pulaski County, Somerset, McCreary and Wayne. That of course is barring upset, the most vulnerable from that list being Somerset. I really feel like the best chances of winning the region are as follows:

1. Lincoln County

2. West Jessamine

3. Pulaski County

4. Wayne

5. McCreary

6. DCA

7. Boyle

8. Danville

9. Garrard

10. Somerset

I don't believe anyone outside this ten can win the region. I believe the winner of the region comes out of the top 5. I think Lincoln wins the district and whoever is runner-up is going to have just a gauntlet to run through to the title, including having a chance to face Lincoln in the title game for what could possibly be the fourth time.

So, yes, it is an amazing district, honestly I think Lincoln has the only legitimate chance to win the region out of the 45th. I definitely could be wrong but I don't think I am.

34 minutes ago, se7ens said:

At the end of the day, there will be two teams from the 45th, with the likelihood that one of them will be Lincoln, then most likely West Jessamine, Mercer County, Pulaski County, Somerset, McCreary and Wayne. That of course is barring upset, the most vulnerable from that list being Somerset. I really feel like the best chances of winning the region are as follows:

1. Lincoln County

2. West Jessamine

3. Pulaski County

4. Wayne

5. McCreary

6. DCA

7. Boyle

8. Danville

9. Garrard

10. Somerset

I don't believe anyone outside this ten can win the region. I believe the winner of the region comes out of the top 5. I think Lincoln wins the district and whoever is runner-up is going to have just a gauntlet to run through to the title, including having a chance to face Lincoln in the title game for what could possibly be the fourth time.

So, yes, it is an amazing district, honestly I think Lincoln has the only legitimate chance to win the region out of the 45th. I definitely could be wrong but I don't think I am.

I think this is a good synopsis of where it currently sits.  I would add SW is improving, and I could see them beating McCreary or Wayne in neutral site game.  I would agree Somerset is vulnerable with their PG out.  They are playing a few FR and an 8th grader right now, so future is bright.  At this point, I would be surprised if anyone other than Lincoln Co. is representing the 12th @ State.  I've liked West Jess. all year as the biggest threat to the crown, and nothing has changed my mind on that.  Their team this year is similar makeup to the Covid year team that got hot, and ran the table!   

51 minutes ago, se7ens said:

Correct.

What a reward for the 4/5 winner!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.