Hilton and Bell Co.

whyme

Well I am way outside and looking in, but when you promote yourself as Dudley has and go to the highest bidder on the job market, and your name is thrown around like Dudley's you had probably better be ready to for some criticism. I am surprised that a great and I mean great coach like Hilton would choose to discuss anything like this after a loss in a play off game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting that ol Dudley was just asking the parents and players to figure out a new innovative way to moisten the field prior to big games. The county fire pumpers just don't hold enough water to do the job right.

:lol: We took a family trip to Ashville N.C. last month and decided to take the scenic route Past Bell County High School. Why is there a Fire Truck always parked in front of the football stadium.:D :laugh:

Well I am way outside and looking in, but when you promote yourself as Dudley has and go to the highest bidder on the job market, and your name is thrown around like Dudley's you had probably better be ready to for some criticism. I am surprised that a great and I mean great coach like Hilton would choose to discuss anything like this after a loss in a play off game.

Highest bidder? Coach Hilton has been offered more than he makes at Bell Co in the past. He is not trying to leave Bell Co. He wants to win a championship and Bell has a good chance at it. Ive found with some of the great coaches in this state, Hilton, Redmond, Bobby Keith, Billy Hicks, Steve Wright, etc that people like to criticize them at every opportunity. IMO its jealousy above all else. Its like human nature for a lot of people to want to cut down someone who is successful.

Highest bidder? Coach Hilton has been offered more than he makes at Bell Co in the past. He is not trying to leave Bell Co. He wants to win a championship and Bell has a good chance at it. Ive found with some of the great coaches in this state, Hilton, Redmond, Bobby Keith, Billy Hicks, Steve Wright, etc that people like to criticize them at every opportunity. IMO its jealousy above all else. Its like human nature for a lot of people to want to cut down someone who is successful.

I will tell you what gives me the right to take shots at Dudley was the 3 hr drive in 1992 to watch the Birds defeat the Bobcats on Thanksgiving day. As far as jealosy from me, not quite!!!!!!!!! Dudley brings it on himself more times than not.

I will tell you what gives me the right to take shots at Dudley was the 3 hr drive in 1992 to watch the Birds defeat the Bobcats on Thanksgiving day. As far as jealosy from me, not quite!!!!!!!!! Dudley brings it on himself more times than not.

He will admit he made a big mistake in that situation. There is no denying that. But he doesnt water down the field. He takes care of his players and is good to them. Then he goes and wins games with them. Thats what good coaches do and thats what Coach Hilton does.

I loved that game.:ylsuper: I didn't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner and I actually got to watch a real football game on Thanksgiving.

I had a chance to talk with Tom Duffy at the State Championship games a few month ago and if you like taking shots at people, you need to take a few at him. Didn't have to many good things to say about the Bluebirds.

Didn't Uncle Dudley leave a few years back for Bourbon County and return shortly after a 2 or 3 year run. What was the original reason for him leaving Bell County in the first place. We have heard a couple of different reasons here in Fort Thomas. You know at the Christmas Walk!!!:D:rolleyes:

$80,000 dollars, you might give him a call and borrow some.

I had a chance to talk with Tom Duffy at the State Championship games a few month ago and if you like taking shots at people, you need to take a few at him. Didn't have to many good things to say about the Bluebirds.

Start a thread about it and i'm sure you will get your wish.

I wouldn't expect him to. I'll leave it at that.

No jealousy here, his name is thrown around in every job, he has went out and interviewed at several jobs since at Bell Co. This has brought him some heat from people around the state, and probably makes some of the parents a little resentful when he does get beat on the field.

No jealousy here, his name is thrown around in every job, he has went out and interviewed at several jobs since at Bell Co. This has brought him some heat from people around the state, and probably makes some of the parents a little resentful when he does get beat on the field.
I believe you hit the nail on the head.