Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the first football player you think of when you see this logo? Newport Catholic Edition.

Featured Replies

Frank Jacobs is the answer.

30 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Frank Jacobs is the answer.

? This overall.

First player I think of was on the first team ('83) to wear it - Mike Kelly.

Who I played with... Billy Vogt and Mike Kiernan

Ever:  Frank Jacobs or Eddie Ziegler

On 12/20/2022 at 4:15 PM, Runcible Owl said:

? This overall.

First player I think of was on the first team ('83) to wear it - Mike Kelly.

Somerset beat the 83 team in the Semi-Finals that year.  I was 13.  They had a bruising running back.  What was his name, Tim Jurgens I think? 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Somerset beat the 83 team in the Semi-Finals that year.  I was 13.  They had a bruising running back.  What was his name, Tim Jurgens I think? 

Yes. Tim, like Mike, was a senior on the '83 team. 

Coach Cain had a great team with the Briar Jumpers that year.

13 hours ago, kyvince said:

Who I played with... Billy Vogt and Mike Kiernan

Ever:  Frank Jacobs or Eddie Ziegler

This…….Eddie and Frank for me! Eddie is my Cousin. 

  • Author

Charlie Fredrick (Class of '55) has to be on the Mt. Rushmore of New Cath football players. Went to Notre Dame on a football scholarship and played on the last Irish team to have leather football helmets.

Father of Joe Fredrick and grandfather or CJ Fredrick.

He came back as an assistant at New Cath and Highlands, then became head coach at Green Hills in Cincy and was an AD at Green Hills and Winton Woods. Winton Woods named their stadium after him.

Sam Diehl solely based on the 2005 state championship game. Mayfield Coach Joe Morris recently said that was the best QB performance he’s ever seen in a state championship game, especially considering the circumstances (20 degrees and raining).

I feel like every time I've seen them play, there was someone with the last name Cain and someone with the last name Suedkamp on the roster.

Steve Everson was a work-horse at RB

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.