Louisville to Hire Jeff Brohm

TheDeuce

14 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

I don't think we will ever see Louisville return to peak Petrino levels with Brohm, but at the same time you get a guy who will have a raised floor who will re-establish Louisville as a major recruiting force in the Midwest, especially in Kentucky and Indiana. I think Louisville gives him some luxuries and benefits he never quite had at Purdue with marketing and NIL as well.

I think you see Louisville locked in as a Bowl Team nearly every year with some of the occasional 8 win and 9 win regular seasons that get them around the Top 15 and maybe even the isolated years where they are firmly right there with a chance to win the ACC and play in the Orange Bowl.

That is a good place to be!

After the first couple/few years, Jeff Brohm will be expected to compete for an ACC title every year. 

31 minutes ago, Walter said:

If Brohm is going to be successful, he has to start landing more of the high level kids in KY.

UK has owned the state under Stoops when it comes to keeping 4* kids in state. 

I don’t agree with that. 

Do we want to get all the good in-state kids? Of course. His success does not ride on it though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Wow....Cincinnati really, really, really did do Louisville a huge favor.

I still can't believe Cincinnati intentionally hired Satterfield.

Serious question.... How is Brohm leaving for Louisville any different than what some of you are bashing Satterfield for doing?? Some of these Louisville fans are celebrating one guy for doing the same thing you're bashing another guy for. 

UC fans were upset with the way Fick left but you don't see us bashing him to another fan base because of emotions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walter said:

Serious question.... How is Brohm leaving for Louisville any different than what some of you are bashing Satterfield for doing?? Some of these Louisville fans are celebrating one guy for doing the same thing you're bashing another guy for. 

UC fans were upset with the way Fick left but you don't see us bashing him to another fan base because of emotions. 

I'm not bashing Satterfield in the in the least for leaving Louisville....I've definitely wanted him gone. Coaches move around and take new jobs. That's nothing new, and for the most hard, it's foolish to get butt-hurt if your coach leaves for a better offer. It's what happens.

Glad the Bearcats took Satterfield off the Cards' hands.

• Like 1

The other Purdue coaches are coaching Purdue's bowl game against LSU and some of them will be coming to Louisville. Brian Brohm should be coming to Louisville and I would expect Ryan Wallace who is St. X Coach Wallace's son to come as well. D-Line coach is a question mark.

14 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm not bashing Satterfield in the in the least for leaving Louisville....I've definitely wanted him gone. Coaches move around and take new jobs. That's nothing new, and for the most hard, it's foolish to get butt-hurt if your coach leaves for a better offer. It's what happens.

Glad the Bearcats took Satterfield off the Cards' hands.

Social media has been wild with UL fans going off the rails about Satterfield leaving. Most have made things personal with some of the things they've said about him, especially after Kandra transferred to UC and they got wind that a few commits will be on UC's campus this week end. 

Some of these same fans were fine with him staying when Louisville won 5 of 6 with the only loss being at Clemson...then they lose to UK without Malik and it's announced he's leaving for UC and they go back to "we always wanted him gone."

I don't follow the program and what goes on very closely, but let's not act like Satterfield was pushed out and UC did UL a favor.... He would still be the coach at UL if UC didn't hire him.