Open Job: Western Hills

TRPride

1 hour ago, FLYGUY said:

Rough job ahead for whomever takes this one over. 

I agree. Having 2 programs on the rise with Frankfort hiring Coach Atchley last year and Franklin Co. Coach Eddie James producing big D1 athletes, it will be tough competition.

Does the district allow in-district transfers or open-enrollment to the high schools? I know Frankfort Independent is a separate school district but didn't know if there was an agreement between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

No one locally cares. 

Why is there such a difference? Is it demographics within the two schools? Is there a more athletic focus at Franklin County than Western Hills? Hills always seems to have some athletes but it never really gets put together; even with Wandale Robinson I don't think Western Hills ever made it beyond the second round (and only to that round only once).

15 minutes ago, TRPride said:

Wouldn’t this hire hurt or propel Franklin Co. as far as recruiting in district kids? Think there is a clear separation and status won’t change?

The Western Hills hire will have little to no affect on Franklin County, IMO. 

• Like 2

90% of the time, if the administration doesn't care. It’s hard to get the rest of the school to care about football. But boy they loved running it up on people when the had a once in a generation talent.
If I were a prospective coach….I’d look at the middle school program. Then Run.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TRPride said:

Wouldn’t this hire hurt or propel Franklin Co. as far as recruiting in district kids? Think there is a clear separation and status won’t change?

Not even close lol. You’d actually be surprised since 2000 how many kids play for Frankfort high but really live on the East Side. Some even lived not even 2 min drive to County. 

• Like 1

This hire would have be someone who’s willing to work with the middle school coaches and develop there. It’s hard to pull kids to the West side because Frankfort High gets kids mostly from tradition of family members playing there so it’s passed on to generations. And kids been going to county because of how close it is not to mention now with the run they’ve been on since Timmons days. 

What’s hurting Western hills more than anything is they did away with the FYFL league. Kids played with each other from 5/6 years old and would be willing to stay together Up to high school because of pride from playing on your side of town. After Wandales class you’re scrambling to keep guys together now.