Madisonville-North Hopkins at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Madisonville North Hopkins
    • Mayfield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2022 at 11:30 PM

• snakesnot_2000 changed the title to Madisonville- North Hopkins at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
  • snakesnot_2000 changed the title to Madisonville-North Hopkins at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
3 hours ago, killbilly usmc said:

I don't see a running clock.  Madisonville has a shot if Mayfield don't wake up.  

We have played nine games so far and eight of them have been running clock victories. How awake does Mayfield need to be?

1 hour ago, GBR said:

We have played nine games so far and eight of them have been running clock victories. How awake does Mayfield need to be?

Enough to not give first downs by jumping offsides like I have seen repeatedly this year,  or committ a meaningless hold behind the play to take a touchdown off the board.  It will get them beat when they play a team with a pulse.  You really think they will beat a team like Beechwood later in the year with over 100 yards in penalties, and a couple called back TDs?

On 10/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, killbilly usmc said:

Enough to not give first downs by jumping offsides like I have seen repeatedly this year,  or committ a meaningless hold behind the play to take a touchdown off the board.  It will get them beat when they play a team with a pulse.  You really think they will beat a team like Beechwood later in the year with over 100 yards in penalties, and a couple called back TDs?

No I do not.

Edited by theguru

16 hours ago, killbilly usmc said:

You and I are in agreement about the dumb penalties, but we have young kids who are learning how to play the game. I don't agree with your description of them playing like they are asleep. Believe it or not, the other teams have their issues too. Ultimately, this is an opinion website, and you are certainly welcome to have yours. 😊 Go Big Red!

2 hours ago, GBR said:

You and I are in agreement about the dumb penalties, but we have young kids who are learning how to play the game. I don't agree with your description of them playing like they are asleep. Believe it or not, the other teams have their issues too. Ultimately, this is an opinion website, and you are certainly welcome to have yours. 😊 Go Big Red!

that's right Go Big Red.  Not knocking them, just think the intensity hasn't always been there.  Great start in the Murray game though.  This should be a great game to finish the regular season off with heading into the playoffs.  I believe they will be good, and locked in from here on out, no easy games from here on out.  I think anyone that expects a running clock in this one is expecting too much, as Madisonville is no slouch.  Its possible, and I'd love to see it, but not likely.  Ill go Mayfield by 21.  I'm excited about theses playoffs, usually you play a bad team in the 1st round when you are the 1 seed, but Todd is a solid squad.  It will be a good thing for Mayfield in the long run playing all good teams from here on out, especially since some of their earlier opponents have been alittle down this year.

• Like 1

I don’t think we are ready for the playoff push. We will win this game but They have got to tighten things up quick. They have this Friday and first round to get it together! Penalties, dropped passed, etc are killing us. They should have put at least another 21 on Murray. As the playoffs narrow down and get harder we can’t afford to leave points on the board dropping wide open touchdown passes and getting undisciplined calls. We won’t beat a LCA or Beechwood playing how we are playing right now. This team hasn’t faced adversity or had to really dig deep since the Paducah game. And if we are being honest with ourselves Paducah should have won that game. They hit us in our mouth all night! Since then it’s been nothing but cupcake games and our boys have gotten soft. We need to turn it around now. The time is now!

• Like 2

I think they’ll make a deep run. The unsportsmanlike penalties are what worry me the most. Those 15 yards can be costly in a big spot during the game. These kids have to know that every single game that teams are going to say and do things to get under their skin. Unfortunately, it’s a part of the game but you have to know it’s costing every player in red 15 yards and not just yourself.

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t get it. Either they really are that undisciplined and poorly coached or they think they’re HOTT stuff. Surely it’s not the latter because this team has proven nothing. They haven’t won anything! They got beat by Murray and blown out by Beechwood last year. This year they have won 1 meaningful game. I know it seems like I’m bashing them, and I’m not, I just want them to play the way we all know they can. Cause this isn’t it. 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:36 AM, WarMemorialVet said:

Yeah I don’t get it. Either they really are that undisciplined and poorly coached or they think they’re HOTT stuff. Surely it’s not the latter because this team has proven nothing. They haven’t won anything! They got beat by Murray and blown out by Beechwood last year. This year they have won 1 meaningful game. I know it seems like I’m bashing them, and I’m not, I just want them to play the way we all know they can. Cause this isn’t it. 

Poorly coached?