New UK Assistant Football Coach

Ram

Gerad Parker announced last night he has been hired as an assistant football coach at UK. I hate to see him leave Raceland, but I understand this is a big opportunity for him, as a coach.

Gerad has been a huge benefit to the program at Raceland, and has fit in extremely well, he was emotional about leaving, and many people are emotional about him leaving, but it is better for him and everyone understands that.

Congratulations and good luck to Gerad.

Congratulations to Coach Parker. It is a tough loss for Raceland as Gerad would have made them a great head coach some day. Gerad was a great addition to Raceland football and in his short stay did an outstanding job. UK will be getting a fine coach and an even greater person. I wish Gerad and Kandi nothing but the best.

As a parent of a former Ram I want to say a big thank you to Gerad and his wife Kandi for all they have given to the Raceland school system, community and the kids involved. Just a little something for you to remember coach:::: "Once a Ram, Always A Ram".

I hate to see him go from the Raceland staff. But this is a great chance for him to build a Coaching career. I wish he and his wife nothing but the best.

Big thanks to the Parkers for their contribution, not only to the school system, but to the kids who lives they impacted.

I hate to see him go from the Raceland staff. But this is a great chance for him to build a Coaching career. I wish he and his wife nothing but the best.

Big thanks to the Parkers for their contribution, not only to the school system, but to the kids who lives they impacted.

:thumb: Gerad had a special relationship with the kids he coached. He cared about each one not only as a football player but as a person. Gerad had a huge impact on my son and was greatly responsible for him playing at the next level and for that I will always be thankful. Coach Parker taught football to the kids but he also taught life's lessons and instilled a confidence in each players abilities that enabled them to perform at their highest level.

He will be missed in Big Orange Country.

Is this is former UK player Jared Parker from Lawrence Co.?

Yes it is the same Gerad Parker.

Congrats to the Parker's! You both will be missed at Raceland but your futures look very bright! We are all so happy for you! Gerad, I know your dad is very proud!:ylsuper:

Yes it is the same Gerad Parker.

Congrats to the Parker's! You both will be missed at Raceland but your futures look very bright! We are all so happy for you! Gerad, I know your dad is very proud!:ylsuper:

His father is proud and so is everyone in Louisa!! Good Luck Gerad:ylsuper:

His father is proud and so is everyone in Louisa!! Good Luck Gerad:ylsuper:

I am beginning to think that LC is a coaching factory. They have turned out a number of kids to the college level and who later are becoming coaches in high school as well as the college & professional ranks. It is a tribute to their great program.

I would like to bottle some of that water!! It would be a great investment.:lol:

I am beginning to think that LC is a coaching factory. They have turned out a number of kids to the college level and who later are becoming coaches in high school as well as the college & professional ranks. It is a tribute to their great program.

I would like to bottle some of that water!! It would be a great investment.:lol:

Very smart coaches who understand the game and how to teach it can be found on almost every street in Louisa. From Pee-Wee all the way up to High School. One of the many reasons as to why I am proud of this program no matter what.

Gerad is one of my best friends. He has done a great job representing Lawrence Co and really enjoyed his time and thinks the world of the folks in Raceland. He and Kandi are an asset anywhere they go and will forever be legend's in Eastern KY. We all hoped to coach together someday and I think Gerad made a great choice in going to UK. Those opportunities don't come around often and he will always have high school to fall back on. I look for him to stay in the college game though. He loves the CATS! He and Joker have always been close.