Red’s Staff

25 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

How in the world can you fire all those coaches but keep Bell??  Buddy must have a lot of pull in decisions!!

Don't forget, you're talking about the Reds.  I've said all year it's time for Mr. Bell to leave the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

I've said, since Bell was hired that he'd keep this job until they felt the organization was ready to be a consistent winner for a few seasons.   Then Bell would be out and Larkin would be handed the keys to the car.

Hope you’re wrong, if you are right Bell might be the manager until 2050!!!  LOL!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Raven said:

I've said, since Bell was hired that he'd keep this job until they felt the organization was ready to be a consistent winner for a few seasons.   Then Bell would be out and Larkin would be handed the keys to the car.

What makes anyone think that Larkin has any ability as a manager?  He's never even been a coach at the big league level.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

What makes anyone think that Larkin has any ability as a manager?  He's never even been a coach at the big league level.  

He's worked in the minor league system in player development and was in serious consideration for the job before "withdrawing his name from consideration" before they hired Bell.   I always took that as the Reds wanted him, but not with the team they had.

• 4 weeks later...