BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings (9/26)

TheDeuce

Class 3A

1. Christian Academy-Louisville vs. Henry County

2. Bardstown vs. Nelson County

3. Union County at Webster County

4. Paducah Tilghman vs. Trigg County

5. Belfry vs. Floyd Central

6. Mason County vs. 1A Ludlow

7. Bell County at Rockcastle County

8. Elizabethtown at Ashland (10/1)

9. Lawrence County at 4A Boyd County

10. East Carter -- OPEN

• Like 1

1.  CAL.  Then a long drop to 2. Union County.  They've beaten a nice list of opponents, and are physical.  Can't imagine what they'd do if their wrestling coach would let all their guys play football. 3. Bardstown. The loss of T.J. Greenwell for the year will weigh upon the Tigers. 4. Belfry.  I know some of their losses appear unusual (margin of Lex. Christian game), but can we really drop Belfry below 4, ever? 5. Elizabethtown.  The Bardstown loss shouldn't fool anyone. They should run the table until they get to CAL. 6. PT - the word is that the offense struggles, but it did last year, too, so . . . 7.  Bell County. I saw this team earlier in the year, they were just smaller than I'm used to seeing from Bell.  8.  Glasgow.  They dropped 28 on Greenwood, and I've seen Greenwood.  Its a rough patch, but they still are a top 10 team.  9.  Lawrence County.  I don't really know what to think of them or Mason County because they haven't really played much of a schedule, but folks are saying they could play with Belfry so there it is.  10.  Casey County.  The passing game is legit, and that is something in high school.

The next few:

11.  Mason County.  Don't know why.  12.  Trigg County.  Probably grouchy they are not in there, go do big things Friday night.  13.  Taylor County.  With Smith, and assuming the defense comes around at some point.  14.  Larue County.  This team can play offense.  15.  Hart County.  What a resurgence! Taylor and Casey games will tell all. 16. East Carter.  2 1/2 TD loss at home to the only difficult opponent.  17.  Henry County.  Undefeated.  Beaten the schedule that has been laid in front of them.  Looks like they can score.  Margin Friday may slide them up or down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

Also, Lawrence County beats East Carter by 2 1/2 TD's at East Carter and they stay in the rankings at 9-10.

I think this task becomes extremely difficult after the #8 team. There are pros and cons for about seven teams with little discernable difference between any of them.

2 hours ago, Hearsay said:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around dropping Glasgow from the rankings following a loss to a really good Greenwood team.  I know they have two losses, but I still think they may win that district.

Glasgow has a bad strength of schedule, no good wins and a loss to Hart County.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think this task becomes extremely difficult after the #8 team. There are pros and cons for about seven teams with little discernable difference between any of them.

I know.  I had a trial get continued this morning, so I was just filling a little down time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Glasgow has a bad strength of schedule, no good wins and a loss to Hart County.

Not necessarily their fault, either. John Hardin and Russellville are always good just not this season. Monroe and Allen are local games in their basketball districts and provide a good gate. Greenwood is a solid opponent. I just think there are more questions than answers for Glasgow right now, but a deep run in the playoffs also seems plausible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Overheard in the prosecutor's office, OMG, it is Hearsay, we need a continuance, I just can't go up against him on a Monday!

If only I had that affect.  Usually counsel sees my name on the pleadings and lowers their offer by $50K.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hearsay said:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around dropping Glasgow from the rankings following a loss to a really good Greenwood team.  I know they have two losses, but I still think they may win that district.

I think Glasgow could probably beat the bottom 5 but you can’t lose games and they lost two games in a row I’m sure they will work itself out if it’s meant to be.

7, 8, and 9 are the most intriguing this weekend.

I think Bell County wins but at Rockcastle County be tough. If the Rockets are close or even win that means District 5 is closer than most expect. Elizabethtown is better than Ashland but a road games complicates matter. Saturday games can sometimes be dicey, too. I'm also interested in Lawrence County/Boyd County, just because I think Boyd is solid and hasn't gotten a ton of 4A mention so far. If Lawrence County thinks they can beat Belfry this year, do they need to handle Boyd pretty comfortably?