Any Disc Golfers up in here?

NEERFAN

It's been a while since I've been on here and since my departure I've been knee deep into disc golf.  I've played the big three sports and love them but 7 years ago I picked up DG and for me it's the greatest sport/activity I've ever played.  If you play, hit me up, if you don't platy but love to throw "things" and love exercise  and nature, give it a try.  Hit me up!

I worked a part-time job back in the mid-90's where a co-worker played.  Was the first time I was introduced to the sport.  Another co-worker was just bashing him on how easy it was, that a child could post a good score, it didn't take any skill, etc. the way regular golf did, blah, blah, blah.

One day this guy had enough and he challenged the other one to a competition.  He said we'll play 2 rounds...one regular golf, and then another one, with disc golf...then combine the scores.  This other guy jumped at the deal, since he played golf regularly.  And yes, he beat this guy when they used the clubs.  But, he got absolutely destroyed with the discs.  Talk about eating some crow the next week!

I used to go a TON...played every Wednesday from about March through November. I still carry my disc golf back in my trunk at basically all times, but it only takes two or three good drives and my shoulder is dead for about a week.

I saw they're opening a new course at Devou - which is WELL overdue, if you ask me. I might have to suck it up and give it a try.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I used to go a TON...played every Wednesday from about March through November. I still carry my disc golf back in my trunk at basically all times, but it only takes two or three good drives and my shoulder is dead for about a week.

I saw they're opening a new course at Devou - which is WELL overdue, if you ask me. I might have to suck it up and give it a try.

So Devou opened their disc golf course this past Saturday, and the Covington Parks & Recreation manager reported they they've had over 700 people play the course thus far......and last night 12 of the 18 baskets were stolen.

fcagh.jpg

• Sad 1