Owensboro Catholic vs. Daviess County Predictions/Updates

Owensboro Catholic vs Daviess County predictions/updates  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• OC
    • DC

This poll is closed to new votes

What's the call here? Seems like most were picking OC to lose game 1 vs Apollo. I posted that I felt they'd carry over the momentum they gained at the end of last season, and I think they made a pretty good statement last week vs coach Edge. Both teams come off big wins, as DC put it to Meade, and OC did the same to Apollo.  So, who takes this one?

• Thanks 1

Can’t really tell for 100% sure off of 1 game against Apollo but I think the Aces might be one of the most underrated teams in the state. There Defense is solid. Attwell is the man at QB from what I hear and can throw it all over the field… DC is known to have a lackluster defense, so I’m thinking Aces will be able to put up a good amount of points. If they can slow down Parm and limit him to less than 200 all purpose yards I’ll take the Aces by 2 touchdowns

Aces 35

DC 21 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I think Daviess beat a better team in week one so I’m going with them in a close one 28-21.

What is it about a Meade team, that won 2 games last year, that makes you think they're a better team than Apollo, with Edge as head coach, and a qb with tons of hype coming into the season? I'm not saying you're wrong, heck Apollo may not win a game this year, but what's the logic behind that?

• theguru changed the title to Owensboro Catholic vs. Daviess County Predictions/Updates
5 hours ago, Kyfootballking said:

What is it about a Meade team, that won 2 games last year, that makes you think they're a better team than Apollo, with Edge as head coach, and a qb with tons of hype coming into the season? I'm not saying you're wrong, heck Apollo may not win a game this year, but what's the logic behind that?

Well I know Apollo was really bad for several years and only improved to mediocrity in the last couple years. Meade Co had some decent teams and has been pretty competitive for years so my logic is Meade has an overall better program which means they have a better chance at being decent this year then Apollo does. I’ve never understood why people want to call people out on opinions. Meade may very well be a worse team than Apollo but that was just my logic behind my pick.

24 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Well I know Apollo was really bad for several years and only improved to mediocrity in the last couple years. Meade Co had some decent teams and has been pretty competitive for years so my logic is Meade has an overall better program which means they have a better chance at being decent this year then Apollo does. I’ve never understood why people want to call people out on opinions. Meade may very well be a worse team than Apollo but that was just my logic behind my pick.

Fair enough. I truly wasn't calling you out, I just wanted your take on why Meade is better than Apollo. Thanks for sharing it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Can’t really tell for 100% sure off of 1 game against Apollo but I think the Aces might be one of the most underrated teams in the state. There Defense is solid. Attwell is the man at QB from what I hear and can throw it all over the field… DC is known to have a lackluster defense, so I’m thinking Aces will be able to put up a good amount of points. If they can slow down Parm and limit him to less than 200 all purpose yards I’ll take the Aces by 2 touchdowns

Aces 35

DC 21 

I agree with you on this one , hard to tell after one game , OC defense isn’t the biggest but they are solid and If Atwell is on I think OC wins this as well .

DC has Parm and Floyd - great athletes.  I think that and DC’s size are going to give OC trouble.  OC QB Atwell looked good and I think he will havre a solid game, but too much DC.

Panthers 35-24

These 2 play each other every year (except Covid year).  In the past 10 games (since 2011), the Aces have won 7 times.

I'd say DC has had the size advantage in at least 9 of those.  While I think DC is a decent team, I think OCath is the tougher team.  I'll take them in one of the more underrated games this week 28-21.

• Like 3