Somerset 28 Garrard County 14

Jumper_Dad

After the two quick Somerset scores I thought the Garrard defense was much better. The Garrard offense had two big plays but struggled to sustain drives otherwise. Really liked the effort the Lions played with.

Somerset seemed most effective running Guy Bailey but too many times seemed to get away from that. The Jumpers have nice size and looked good across both fronts. They may not have the athleticism of LCA or Danville in that district but they’ll be a hard out for most anyone they play.

All in all, a fun night of football, and a much better game than most expected after the first two minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

After the two quick Somerset scores I thought the Garrard defense was much better. The Garrard offense had two big plays but struggled to sustain drives otherwise. Really liked the effort the Lions played with.

Somerset seemed most effective running Guy Bailey but too many times seemed to get away from that. The Jumpers have nice size and looked good across both fronts. They may not have the athleticism of LCA or Danville in that district but they’ll be a hard out for most anyone they play.

All in all, a fun night of football, and a much better game than most expected after the first two minutes. 

I thought Garrard actually looked pretty good throwing the ball. I know that isn't what they want to do, but I think they'll would be more effective if they open it up a little.  

I know they haven't met consistently since they were in a 3A district together, but has Garrard ever beaten Somerset?

13 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I thought Garrard actually looked pretty good throwing the ball. I know that isn't what they want to do, but I think they'll would be more effective if they open it up a little.  

I know they haven't met consistently since they were in a 3A district together, but has Garrard ever beaten Somerset?

They’ve looked decent throwing. The quarterback is just so young and inexperienced. I’d say they’ll throw more as the season progresses.

To the second question: no, Somerset has won all 11 meetings. 

14 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

According to KHSAA they have played 7 times since 2007 and Somerset has won everyone of them. Those are the only meetings between the two in the modern era or since 1998 when KHSAA put the scores up etc. Most games weren’t even competitive out of the 7 tonight made the 3rd game that was within two scores the rest have been heavily won by Somerset.

42 minutes ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

According to KHSAA they have played 7 times since 2007 and Somerset has won everyone of them. Those are the only meetings between the two in the modern era or since 1998 when KHSAA put the scores up etc. Most games weren’t even competitive out of the 7 tonight made the 3rd game that was within two scores the rest have been heavily won by Somerset.

I would consider the “modern era” to start with the playoffs in 1959. There have been a lot of modern era football games played that are not reflected on the KHSAA scoreboard.

gchs_UK9 has carefully researched and compiled the Garrard sports record book. His info is official and correct. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mr.Network said:

I would consider the “modern era” to start with the playoffs in 1959. There have been a lot of modern era football games played that are not reflected on the KHSAA scoreboard.

gchs_UK9 has carefully researched and compiled the Garrard sports record book. His info is official and correct. 

I never said he was wrong or even disagreed with his post/comments. If you look at the time stamp his post was 2 minutes before mine I never even seen his reply until after I had posted mine. While his reply was posted I was looking at KHSAA website to give an answer back to the question on win/losses for the matchups. No need to assume that I don’t agree because like I said I was using KHSAA as reference. Also I am sorry I wasn’t even born in 1959 so I can’t personally consider that time frame as the new era in my book as I was referring to new era as post internet time period but to each there own. Either way Somerset has not been beat by Garrard County in any era yet.