Mayfield at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Cards vs. Eagles  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the birds?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2022 at 11:30 PM

6p4rfq.thumb.jpg.784d670c3d86fab021b82204a3082b20.jpg

Football helps pave another mile on the road back

Records: Season opener for both

Series History: Mayfield leads 24-5 all-time

Table Setter: The road to recovery from last December's catastrophic tornado began months ago, but in the football rich community of Mayfield, the sound of popping pads can be a form of therapy like no other. Friday night lights have the transformative power to bring rivals together, if only for a few hours. Transformation is relevant in more ways than one for the Cardinals, who aim to transform 2A's big two into a big three this year. That plan surely includes star turns for a pair of juniors, QB Zane Cartwright and RB/LB Jutarious Starks. Starks, Ian Williams, and a healthy Jax Rogers make for one of the best linebacker units in 2A, and beyond. That trio could make life miserable for an almost completely rebuilt Graves County offense that returns very little production from last year. The Eagles have been a top ten caliber program for a couple of years, but heavy graduation losses bring with them a probable rebuilding year full of growing pains for a 5A program with only eight seniors this fall.

• Thanks 2

Not calling you out personally Devil, I agree my Eagles lost a ton of production that can’t be ignored, but the disrespect given to linebacker Jack Cope this offseason for the Eagles is ridiculous. I don’t know the statistics, but I would say it is safe to say he has lead the team in tackles the last two years and got some more his freshman year. Zero mention of his name anywhere it seems. 

This game is at Graves Co, but historically, that has not been an advantage for the Eagles. Mayfield wins this one by at least 4 touchdowns. Wishing nothing but the best for the Eagles on the rest of their season.