Class of ‘23 #1 RB Ruben Owens Commits to Louisville

TheDeuce

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The earnings will be capped at some point, that's my prediction. Across the board, athletes will know how much they can earn, regardless of the school, and that will take any recruiting advantages away from programs that have more money to spend. 

I don't know legally how they can limit it. 

Unfortunately we are going to see a lot of bad things happen to kids. With money will come even higher expectations from the paying boosters on both the coaches and players. I can see some players finding themselves in bad situations, making bad decisions. 

There will be some cases where taxes aren't handled correctly and the players will be left holding the bag.

I see another major gambling scandal in the future of college sports...money of these levels will draw some seedy people seeking to cash in for themselves. 

54 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I don't know legally how they can limit it. 

The only thing the Supreme Court ruled was that they are allowed to make money. That's it. It doesn't say how much, how often, etc. They can and will find a way to limit it, if that's what they choose to do. 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

The only thing the Supreme Court ruled was that they are allowed to make money. That's it. It doesn't say how much, how often, etc. They can and will find a way to limit it, if that's what they choose to do. 

I don't see how if they are allowed NIL deals that anyone can limit it to just 1 deal or 2 deals or 10 deals.

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I don't see how if they are allowed NIL deals that anyone can limit it to just 1 deal or 2 deals or 10 deals.

The same way the NCAA has been limiting things for athletes from the beginning?

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

That's another pipe dream that I see as unlikely. 

You are probably right the more that I think about it. While the NCAA has zero control over D1 Football (outside of eligibility issues), they still control every other sport. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Owens has decommitted from Louisville. Not much of a surprise really. He was going to be hard to hold on to, and with the coaching change, it was almost a certainty IMO. 

UC confirmed 😂😉

On 6/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

Supreme Court voted 9-0 that kids can earn money, NIL rules may change some...but it ain't going away.

Remember when they were fighting for 10-15 dollars a week for "laundry money" lol? I guess the old "hundred dollar handshake is a thing of the past.

32 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Owens has decommitted from Louisville. Not much of a surprise really. He was going to be hard to hold on to, and with the coaching change, it was almost a certainty IMO. 

A&M , Georgia, or Ohio State... One is different from the others.