LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

TheDeuce

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sold on them being dead locks at the next level either...I just like what I see from Quinn and Brohm better...I guess I just expected more from Russell considering his physical tools and the talent around him. I like the odds of Quinn and Brohm being successful in the NFL better than Russell's.

I agree with this thread,but only time will tell.May be 10 years from now before we know though.

Any team that picks Jamarcus Russell over Brady Quinn will rue the day they did. Russell has always looked great when LSU is playing someone who can't match their talent level...but he doesn't look that good when they play teams who can go toe-to-toe with them...check out his performances against Auburn and LSU.

So Russell played against LSU this year. :banana: That must have been hard since the rest of the team probably suited up for LSU, and Russell was left to play by himself.

My point is that Russell has quarterbacked arguably the most talented team in college football east of Southern California for the past 3 years and they haven't even so much as won an SEC championship. If he were that good, I think they'd have managed to eek one out in 3 years...

You might want to factor in Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita and his HC bolting for NFL during that time. If you have read any of my posts about LSU you will see that JaMarcus and I have a love/hate thing going on. I've always said that he is able to win the game for us or them. That being said, I think he will be drafted pretty high based on his up-side. I also predict when he has nothing to do but work on football he will eliminate a number of his flaws.

So Russell played against LSU this year. :banana: That must have been hard since the rest of the team probably suited up for LSU, and Russell was left to play by himself.

:lol:

Yeah...apparently I was the only one priveleged enough to get to see it though...:sssh:

You might want to factor in Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita and his HC bolting for NFL during that time. If you have read any of my posts about LSU you will see that JaMarcus and I have a love/hate thing going on. I've always said that he is able to win the game for us or them. That being said, I think he will be drafted pretty high based on his up-side. I also predict when he has nothing to do but work on football he will eliminate a number of his flaws.

Sounds like we have a very similar opinion on him then, except I'm not expecting him to become a star at the next level.

He's the reason I never expected LSU to win the SEC...I knew they were the most talented team in the conference, but I also know when they play top notch teams, more often than not, he doesn't perform like he should.