UL 24 Wake Forest 13

Guest Bluto

Yeah it was, but of course we were scouting you out. Also, when we walked past the part of the stadium where the band was going in to get ready or whatever we yelled "DEUCE!!!" while walking by. I doubt you heard us, but we tried to be loud.

You rocked on that drumline, dude. But to be totally honest, the thing that got my attention were those dancers... my oh my oh my. The fact that you guys could still play with them around makes me respect your abilities that much more.

So we won the Battle of the Bands?? :banana: And as for the dancers...Let's just say, the halftime show wasn't the only time we saw them. :D :walk:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a couple videos for everybody to check out....The first is from our rehearsal with Wake's band on New Year's Eve...

And the second is from the actualy halftime show at the Orange Bowl...It's just the finale of the Battle of the Bands....

I guess I was wrong about Wake. They played much better than I thought they would. Their defense was especially impressive. Not sure that UL gave them their best shot though.

Just about any team in a major bowl will at least be well coached and disciplined. Wake is no exception. They were especially skilled at converting the 3rd and long situations (seems like I remember another game this year when U of L would shut down its opponent on 1st and 2nd downs, only to give up big gains repeatedly on 3rd and long). The WF punt rush absolutely embarrassed U of L. I felt like they gave it a good shot on defense (their secondary was very good), but U of L stopped themselves at least as much as the Demon Deacons did. The certain TD dropped by Urrutia and numerous other drops were momentum killers for the Cards.

^ They played 8 bowl teams, and beat three ranked opponents...that's good to me.
Louisville played 10 bowl elligible teams:

Kentucky

Miami

Kansas State

MTSU

Cincy

WVU

Rutgers

South Florida

Pitt (eligible at 6-6, but not selected)

Wake Forest

Temple and Connecticut were the only teams on Louisville's schedule that didn't at least finish 6-6. You'll also notice that there are no Division II schools on that schedule.

It was a great time in Miami, even if I was sick.

Deuce, you guys were awesome! I'm glad you finally got to bust out.

And SA, your glee in the updates thread when Wake scored was worth the read... Thanks a million! :lol: