Harden-Simmons Trade

10 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Simmons so far has been an almost complete waste of talent. Hopefully this young man can turn things around and find joy in basketball again.

I'm zagging (somewhat). Dude has some mental blocks for sure, but Ben Simmons was not long ago rookie of the year, can run the point about as well as anyone for a guy 6'10", made an all NBA team in 2020, and probably should have been named DPOY last season. Now I do question his love for playing basketball. He effectively quit at LSU, then had his feelings hurt so quit on the 76ers while torching $20MM.

12 hours ago, The Raven said:

Zero sum game trade.   Neither team is made better by this move IMO.  Trading malcontent for malcontent rarely works out.

If, and this is huge if, James Harden can be 90% of the James Harden we know he should be, then the 76ers vastly improve and become a contender. Losing Seth Curry in the deal gets unnoticed as it could disrupt some team chemistry, but in effect the 76ers lost Curry and added Harden... You can't count Simmons because he wasn't playing. That's a MAJOR upgrade. Now do I trust Harden when I need him the most? Do I trust either of them? Not sure about that.

7 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Because of 6 months?  😂😂😂😂😂

Nah, I felt he had the talent to be a super star. Even before this season he didn't seem to enjoy playing the way most players do. He's seems to have all of the physical tools to be an unstoppable player. I'm not hating on him or even meaning to throw shade on him, it just seems something has been missing for several years now.

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Nah, I felt he had the talent to be a super star. Even before this season he didn't seem to enjoy playing the way most players do. He's seems to have all of the physical tools to be an unstoppable player. I'm not hating on him or even meaning to throw shade on him, it just seems something has been missing for several years now.

Okay.