Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All "A" Favorite(s)

Featured Replies

Who are the favorites from each region and the statewide favorite?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th Region - Holy Cross

10th Region - Bishop Brossart

 

Statewide - UHA & Bishop Brossart

  • Author

2nd-UHA

13th-Cumberland

14th-June Buchanan

Statewide-UHA

There will be some quality teams in the Class A this year.:fire:

I would say the list of contenders includes:

 

University Heights

Bishop Brossart

Rose Hill

Hazard

June Buchanan

Clinton County

Heath

Russellville

Shelby Valley

Covington Holy Cross

Newport Catholic

St. Henry

Lexington Christian

Mayfield

St. Mary (if healthy)

Paintsville

8th region I would have to say Gallatin co.

I'll try to take a stab at all the regions based on what I've seen or heard:

 

1st---St. Mary(1), Mayfield (2)

2nd---UHA

3rd---Hancock County (1), OCath (2)

4th---Clinton County (1), Metcalfe County (2)

5th---Bardstown (1), Behtlehem or Ft. Knox (2)

6th---Shawnee (1), Holy Cross or Beth Haven (2)

7th---Moore

8th---Gallatin County

9th---Holy Cross (1), NCC or St. Henry (2)

10th--Bishop Brossart (1), Silver Grove (2)

11th--Lexington Sayre (1), LCA (2)

12th--Somerset

13th--Cumberland (1), Pineville, Jackson County, Barbourville, Harlan (2)

14th--June Buchanan (1), Hazard (1A)

15th--Shelby Valley (1), Pikeville or Paintsville (2)

16th--Rose Hill (1), Elliot County (1A)

 

State Favorites--I think the winner will come from the top half of the bracket which appears to be stacked--9th vs. 10th first round, 8th vs. 11th first round, UHA, Clinton County, etc.!! The survivor of this bracket will win IMO!! Some favorites should be UHA, June Buchanan or Hazard, Sayre, Brossart, 9th region winner, Gallatin!!

Gallatin County should be the favorite in the 8th. MAYBE Walton could upset them, but I doubt it.

1st---St. Mary(1), Mayfield (2)
Heath and Fulton County will have a say in it, too. It's doubtful that St. Mary will be at full strength. Mayfield has some backcourt issues. Heath goes 6-8 and 6-4 up front with a good shooting guard, and Fulton County has a potential Division I player and a ton of quickness and athleticism.

 

At the moment, I would say Heath is the slight favorite. I'm curious to know what the people that saw them play in Paintsville thought about them.

  • Author
I'll try to take a stab at all the regions based on what I've seen or heard:

 

1st---St. Mary(1), Mayfield (2)

2nd---UHA

3rd---Hancock County (1), OCath (2)

4th---Clinton County (1), Metcalfe County (2)

5th---Bardstown (1), Behtlehem or Ft. Knox (2)

6th---Shawnee (1), Holy Cross or Beth Haven (2)

7th---Moore

8th---Gallatin County

9th---Holy Cross (1), NCC or St. Henry (2)

10th--Bishop Brossart (1), Silver Grove (2)

11th--Lexington Sayre (1), LCA (2)

12th--Somerset

13th--Cumberland (1), Pineville, Jackson County, Barbourville, Harlan (2)

14th--June Buchanan (1), Hazard (1A)

15th--Shelby Valley (1), Pikeville or Paintsville (2)

16th--Rose Hill (1), Elliot County (1A)

 

State Favorites--I think the winner will come from the top half of the bracket which appears to be stacked--9th vs. 10th first round, 8th vs. 11th first round, UHA, Clinton County, etc.!! The survivor of this bracket will win IMO!! Some favorites should be UHA, June Buchanan or Hazard, Sayre, Brossart, 9th region winner, Gallatin!!

Shelby Valley and Jackson County aren't single A teams.

Shelby Valley and Jackson County aren't single A teams.

 

Sorry if this is wrong--I was going by last year's list and they both were A'' "A" last year??

I wasn't aware that Shelby Valley wasn't in the All A Classic until I checked the tournament website. Moore is no longer in the mix, either.

I wasn't aware that Shelby Valley wasn't in the All A Classic until I checked the tournament website. Moore is no longer in the mix, either.

 

Wow--Doesn't leave much in the 7th then (3 schools)? Lou. Collegiate had the highest pre-season Litkenhous rating. The 15th looks even more open if SV is out?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.