Cincinnati Football 2022 Off-season Updates

Walter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Athlon did a really good job with the preview below. 

Probably the best preview for UC that I've seen so far. Definitely holes to fill, but plenty of talent left to compete for that NY6 bid and conference championship. 

Screenshot_20220525-164505.png

Screenshot_20220525-164528.png

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Walter said:

This beer vendor is pumped! Love working UC football and basketball games. Great fans.

My wife, who is a UC alum and used to go to a ton of games when she was in school, asked about student tickets.  Think that number is included in the 23,500?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

This beer vendor is pumped! Love working UC football and basketball games. Great fans.

My wife, who is a UC alum and used to go to a ton of games when she was in school, asked about student tickets.  Think that number is included in the 23,500?

In the past they allocated about 5000 student tickets. Last year it was 4000 season tickets + 1000 single game tickets.

They sell overflow tickets as part of the returned tickets from the away team.

This year they decided to do 214 and 215 as overflow student section and they are planning about 6000 per game, plus they'll have additional overflow.

Indiana is already a sell out.

South Florida and Navy games only have single tickets available for purchase.

As the season gets closer, I'd expect all of the single game tickets to sell out as well. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Walter said:

In the past they allocated about 5000 student tickets. Last year it was 4000 season tickets + 1000 single game tickets.

They sell overflow tickets as part of the returned tickets from the away team.

This year they decided to do 214 and 215 as overflow student section and they are planning about 6000 per game, plus they'll have additional overflow.

Indiana is already a sell out.

South Florida and Navy games only have single tickets available for purchase.

As the season gets closer, I'd expect all of the single game tickets to sell out as well. 

Can't wait.  Love working Nippert!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, Brcatz said:

@Walter, Saw that former 3 star OL Luke Collinsworth has left the UC program and will transfer to MSJ and play Hoops now and give up Football. Any insight on this?

Just one of those kids that didn't "love the game." It happens.

He was actually a 1,000 point scorer in hoops in high school so him giving up football for basketball doesn't surprise me. 

• Thanks 1

- UC selected Gensler, the largest architecture firm in the U.S., as the signature architect/design lead and MSA Sport as architect for the UC Athletics Indoor Practice Facility and Performance Center Project.

- The indoor practice facility and athletic performance center will be built on what is currently home to the Sheakley Athletic Complex, known as the bubble, along Jefferson Avenue and just east of UC’s baseball stadium.

- The east portion of the site will house a new indoor practice facility where the existing field is located. This facility will be used by all athletic programs, as well as club sports and student recreational uses. The west portion will support an athlete performance center with strength and conditioning, locker rooms, physical therapy, offices, team meeting rooms and related functions to primarily support football operations.

- Indoor practice facility scheduled to be complete by August 2024 and the athlete performance center complete by July 2025.

• 3 weeks later...