Key Players in the 9th Region

Newcath37

Farris is the best catcher in the area and probably the best offensive talent in the area, he does it all, hits for average, power, is fast, can swipe some bases for you, and defensivley he is strong. He is the closet thing to a five tool player in the area.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farris is the best catcher in the area and probably the best offensive talent in the area, he does it all, hits for average, power, is fast, can swipe some bases for you, and defensivley he is strong. He is the closet thing to a five tool player in the area.

The Kramer kid from Brossart isn't too bad either.

They are both very very good baseball players. Behind the plate, Maile is alot stronger. In fact, I'm pretty sure Farris will be playing CF this year, I know he will be for Midland in the summer. As far as hitting goes, both these young men will have alot of sucess. Farris may be a little faster, but IMO Maile has just a little more pop.

Now, as far as who may be POY in the 9th, it's really hard to say. Alot will be determined on how the Teams are. But if I had to choose a player of the year right now, I would probably go with G. Wagner from Ryle.

Hopefully the rest of this thread will not get anymore personel than it already has.

PLAY BALL!!

They are both very very good baseball players. Behind the plate, Maile is alot stronger. In fact, I'm pretty sure Farris will be playing CF this year, I know he will be for Midland in the summer. As far as hitting goes, both these young men will have alot of sucess. Farris may be a little faster, but IMO Maile has just a little more pop.

Now, as far as who may be POY in the 9th, it's really hard to say. Alot will be determined on how the Teams are. But if I had to choose a player of the year right now, I would probably go with G. Wagner from Ryle.

Hopefully the rest of this thread will not get anymore personel than it already has.

PLAY BALL!!

I'm just going to say that I believe Farris lead the area in Home runs last year, so i don't see how he doesn't have more pop than Maile, that is just my personal opinon, Maile is a good hitter, I would rather Farris, That is who if i had to pick anyone from around here to start a team, it would be him, again I have no bias to any of the above mentioned players, as I dislike all the schools, that is just because I am a Scott Eagle Alumni.

I'm just going to say that I believe Farris lead the area in Home runs last year, so i don't see how he doesn't have more pop than Maile, that is just my personal opinon, Maile is a good hitter, I would rather Farris, That is who if i had to pick anyone from around here to start a team, it would be him, again I have no bias to any of the above mentioned players, as I dislike all the schools, that is just because I am a Scott Eagle Alumni.

Again, both good ball players. But remember, if you want to throw out stats and what not, also realize that Maile played the first half of the season on CCH JV. And behind the plate, really, its not even close.

Not even close.... Sorry, Farris will play in the major leagues one day, but never as a catcher. Great hitter, great athlete, but just a OK catcher.....

Not even close.... Sorry, Farris will play in the major leagues one day, but never as a catcher. Great hitter, great athlete, but just a OK catcher.....

Agree on the catcher part. From what I here, he will be roaming CF for Midland in the summer. With the bat, he is very solid, beautiful swing, fun to watch. But behind the plate, he was pretty average. And with that speed, OF is probably where he needs to be.

Having watched CCH among many other teams last season, I think it's a bit of a stretch to put any player at a level above all the talent in the 9th region. Maile, while a great power hitter, behind the plate did not have the mechanics to be considered the best catcher in the area. Wasnt there another freshman that caught at the varsity level, or was it only JV?

Having watched CCH among many other teams last season, I think it's a bit of a stretch to put any player at a level above all the talent in the 9th region. Maile, while a great power hitter, behind the plate did not have the mechanics to be considered the best catcher in the area. Wasnt there another freshman that caught at the varsity level, or was it only JV?

He blocks pitches as well as anyone since Wera.