TP94 Power Ratings (11/22)

Ratings for the teams left in the playoffs.

Class 6A:

Male   120.21
St. Xavier   113.75
Trinity   113.11
Madison Central 99.21

Class 5A:

Frederick Douglass 116.36
Woodford County 111.1
South Warren 105.75
Owensboro 97.86

Class 4A:

Boyle County 110.54
Johnson Central   99.98
Franklin County 99.53
Logan County 82.88

Class 3A:

Glasgow   85.34
East Carter 77.22
Belfry   73.97
Paducah Tilghman 72.41

Class 2A:

Lexington Christian Academy 110.67
Beechwood 102.29
Mayfield   82.76
Middlesboro 67.45

Class 1A:

Pikeville   90.21
Raceland   81.02
Bethlehem 79.69
Russellville 78.94

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Are these numbers predicting a nearly 3 touchdown win for Beechwood over Mayfield?

Yes but I went through Mayfields numbers and one of games is dragging them down since they only beat Ft Campbell who has a rating of 3.94 by 55. Beechwood is also probably lower than they should be since many running clock games. These ratings go strictly off who you played and how much you beat them by. Maybe next year I'll tweak them to try and fix that issue. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Yes but I went through Mayfields numbers and one of games is dragging them down since they only beat Ft Campbell who has a rating of 3.94 by 55. Beechwood is also probably lower than they should be since many running clock games. These ratings go strictly off who you played and how much you beat them by. Maybe next year I'll tweak them to try and fix that issue. 

I agree, let's get into the Magic Number business next year.  You can always start using the previous year(s) as a baseline. 🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, OldSchool45 said:

So what did the numbers say last week about Paducah and CAL?  How many touchdowns was CAL favored?

Christian Academy Louisville 101.35
Paducah Tilghman 68.94

Yeah thought those numbers worked out real well.  That the reason they play the game.  I most always cheer for the underdog when people give them no chance it is very thrilling to watch a team with zero chance beat a team with more talent, size, speed, D1 players, better coaches.  But noone can measure the HEART.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, OldSchool45 said:

Yeah thought those numbers worked out real well.  That the reason they play the game.  I most always cheer for the underdog when people give them no chance it is very thrilling to watch a team with zero chance beat a team with more talent, size, speed, D1 players, better coaches.  But noone can measure the HEART.

Yes, better bring it every game or you may lose even if favored big.