Best Job?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best job?

All three have great stadiums, rabid fan bases, lucrative recruiting areas within miles of campus, piles of booster/donor cash, rich and storied history in the sport and a will to win by the administration. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

All three have great stadiums, rabid fan bases, lucrative recruiting areas within miles of campus, piles of booster/donor cash, rich and storied history in the sport and a will to win by the administration. 

Take the money for 4 years and RETIRE lol. Wow, this is going to be an interesting next several weeks. Some prime jobs open and probably more to come. Think Mark Richt may wind up somewhere?

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

LSU, Florida or USC...which one would you take if money and other things were the same? Why?

For me it’s like 3 different Drees models in a million dollar neighborhood.

I think outside of the SEC footprint,  that USC would be considered the premier program of the three.

USC also has the shortest path to being a yearly contender due to being in the PAC. 

LSU and Florida have a little more to climb over to get to the top of their conference with even more to come in a couple of seasons. 

The good news for LSU and Florida is that the SEC-AS (SEC after Saban) is coming sooner than later. There will be a huge vacuum to fill when that happens. Both schools should make this next hire looking down the road and to be in position to roll when SEC-AS happens.

An argument could be made for either job being ideal, but I think Florida has a better chance at climbing back to the top of college football sooner. Strong recruiting base and being in the weaker division of the SEC gives them a leg up on the LSU job.

That said, LSU'S field is my favorite in college football. Mike is by far the best live mascot and of course I love me some purple and gold.

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Best job?

Southern Cal.   The PAC12 is not a good conference right now.  It will be a little bit easier to build a consistent winner when Georgia and/or Alabama aren't on your schedule every year.

• Like 1

If you take USC you have to live in Los Angeles area lol. Would be rather ironic if Brian Kelly went to USC.....two UC guys in same area.