17 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I noticed there is a attached document on Florida playoffs and in that document talks about tweaking Florida football playoffs.https://portal.ksba.org/public/Meeting/Attachments/DisplayAttachment.aspx?AttachmentID=645291

Interesting. I quickly reviewed the attachment. One of the key points in the attachment is tweaking RPI. Florida's RPI looks very similar to KHSAA RPI. The tweak is to increase the value of opponent's winning percent to 50% of RPI (currently 35%, just like Ky). The goal being to make strength of schedule more important. I would have to see how the numbers work out with that adjustment but it looks like a step in the right direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Interesting. I quickly reviewed the attachment. One of the key points in the attachment is tweaking RPI. Florida's RPI looks very similar to KHSAA RPI. The tweak is to increase the value of opponent's winning percent to 50% of RPI (currently 35%, just like Ky). The goal being to make strength of schedule more important. I would have to see how the numbers work out with that adjustment but it looks like a step in the right direction.

Also decrease the opponent's opponents % to 20% which I think is good. Win % would be 30% and Opponent 50%.

48 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Also decrease the opponent's opponents % to 20% which I think is good. Win % would be 30% and Opponent 50%.

That looks like a better formula to me. It would help offset the current overvaluation of beating bad teams in higher classes.

• Like 2

This is kind of off topic but I’m not sure if anyone knows the answer. Last season did the KHSAA look at enrollment numbers and decide everyone was fine where they are at or did they not even look at the numbers?

29 minutes ago, barrel said:

This is kind of off topic but I’m not sure if anyone knows the answer. Last season did the KHSAA look at enrollment numbers and decide everyone was fine where they are at or did they not even look at the numbers?

Regarding which sport?

There were no official enrollment numbers for Kentucky public schools last year and I'm not sure what method they are using for enrollment/funding this year. That's more of an educational policy concern but the lack of numbers will make class realignment for sports like football, track, and cross country complicated. I'm interested in hearing what comes from the meeting today.

8 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Would RPI changes, if any, go into effect immediately for football?

Probably not. Earliest would be next season. They will want to study changes before making official. That's if they even make a change.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Regarding which sport?

There were no official enrollment numbers for Kentucky public schools last year and I'm not sure what method they are using for enrollment/funding this year. That's more of an educational policy concern but the lack of numbers will make class realignment for sports like football, track, and cross country complicated. I'm interested in hearing what comes from the meeting today.

Football.

33 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Commissioner just said enrollment numbers won't be in until December 2022 so could have alignment draft in February 2022.

Are both of those numbers correct?