Beechwood 58 Newport 8

theguru

I was just praying our JV and Freshman wouldn’t break any long runs and just kinda grind out the rest of the game. Another touchdown today by Zane Riegler. He is doing some great work usually against starting defenses and has scored several times this year in mop up duty. Gonna be a really good runner the next few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bjaynes said:

If true, it is not surprising. 

Very sad to hear about the lack of discipline for Newport football.  This is a major area of concern for them as a school district that needs to address.  Football is suppose to help teach us the values we need to survive in life.  

13 hours ago, BWTigers said:

I heard there were punches thrown which lead to the Newport player being ejected. 

23 minutes ago, KillerCats09 said:

Very sad to hear about the lack of discipline for Newport football.  This is a major area of concern for them as a school district that needs to address.  Football is suppose to help teach us the values we need to survive in life.  

True on the ejection and personal fouls. It should be noted some Newport players did not dress last night apparently due to discipline issues. That did not change the actions or attitudes of some of the players that did dress for Newport. Newport had fewer than 20 players in uniform last night. They had to leave their first team on the field in the 4th quarter while Beechwood played its freshman team.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

True on the ejection and personal fouls. It should be noted some Newport players did not dress last night apparently due to discipline issues. That did not change the actions or attitudes of some of the players that did dress for Newport. Newport had fewer than 20 players in uniform last night. They had to leave their first team on the field in the 4th quarter while Beechwood played its freshman team.

Sad to hear.

If things don't change soon maybe Newport should consider dropping football.

And Newport isn't the only team that should consider it.  I honestly would like to see Newport, Dayton and Bellevue combine teams.

I think we are moving to a time where we are either going to see some consolidation of football programs or some absolute disasters on the field. 

• Like 1

Tough game to watch last night. I knew going in seeing multiple players from Newport in street clothes that it could and would get ugly early. It did. Lots of chippy play really from both sides. Really just want BW to get to the competitive part of this playoff run unscathed with injuries. That’s our biggest enemy right now. Kentucky needs to think if letting everyone in the playoffs is the right idea. 

3 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

Tough game to watch last night. I knew going in seeing multiple players from Newport in street clothes that it could and would get ugly early. It did. Lots of chippy play really from both sides. Really just want BW to get to the competitive part of this playoff run unscathed with injuries. That’s our biggest enemy right now. Kentucky needs to think if letting everyone in the playoffs is the right idea. 

How many guys are out besides Courtney? 

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

WR/S/QB Brett Holladay also out for the year.

5 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

Adam Gibbs, OL/DL with knee injury, Xavier Campbell was out last night but should be back next week, as far as I know that’s everyone right now. 

Holladay, Courtney, and now starting Safety and WR Moore will not be able to play another high school football game. After Courtney going down while playing a position on special teams that he had no business playing, wouldn't you have thought coach Rash would have learned his lesson? NOPE. He kept the starters in the second half leading to B. Moore knee injury. When entering the second half with a running clock, what is the point of leaving the starters in especially when you are playing a team that your JV team can handle. Correct me if I am wrong, but RPI does not matter in the playoffs. It does not matter if you beat a team 58-8 or 58-20 all that matters is you survive and advance -- which Beechwood's JV team would have been able to do against Newport. I usually have only good things to say about Rash and his football program but this was an absolute horrible decision leading to an injury that could have easily been prevented. With two Tigers getting hurt that usually start on both sides of the ball, some guys will have to step up in order for this miraculous season to end with a ring.

• Like 2