Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Final my goodness we let a team that is 1-5 score on every possession in the 2nd half but the last one that they did not need. We give up 34 points to a 1-5 team who coming into the game with a new quarterback in his first career start. The Jets had only scored 80 points in the first 6 games. The offense could only muster 318 yards of offense after last week the 2-4 Patriots with a rookie quarterback racked up 551 yards and 54 points.

This is one will hurt the Bengals not only today but down the road as well. I doubt the Jets will win more than 5 games and will not beat anyone else in the AFC North. Just terrible! A terrible weekend for me as well. First Frederick Douglass on Friday night, then the Cats performance last night, and now the Bengals today. Geeze I think I'll just take a nap. lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the credit to the Jets. Great game plan on offense. They abused the Bengals defense with over 500 yards. Bengals defense never adjusted their game plan. Bengals never put pressure on QB Mike White. The Jets picked our linebackers apart in the passing game. Jets RB's over 165 yards receiving in the game, almost all the yards on swing passes and the Jets RB's picked up big yards after catch because our linebackers missed tackles in space. If the Bengals defense didn't get two INT's off deflections, the Jets win this by 2 TD's. Jets dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball the entire game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Huh?

Every loss when either was in Cincinnati fell on one of them......so I just assumed the critics would revert back to that after today's showing.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Is this one Marvin Lewis' or Andy Dalton's fault??

Neither this is a total team loss we were feeling good reading all of the headlines all week the top team in the AFC going up to play the lowly Jets. Hey we just beat the Ravens and we have a big game coming up with the Browns. This is the NFL and if you don't come to play this can happen any Sunday and it happened to the Bengals today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Neither this is a total team loss we were feeling good reading all of the headlines all week the top team in the AFC going up to play the lowly Jets. Hey we just beat the Ravens and we have a big game coming up with the Browns. This is the NFL and if you don't come to play this can happen any Sunday and it happened to the Bengals today!

Disagree. The offense did enough to win today. The defense was terrible. The Jets punted the ball one time today. How often does that happen in the NFL? As good as our defensive game plan was last week against Lamar, it was equally bad today against the Jets. When the players were in position to make plays, they failed. Bad tackling all day long. No pressure on an inexperienced QB. Just bad all the way by the defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the defense was terrible but that is when the other side has to pull out the game to be a great team we got over 500 yards against the Ravens defense and only 318 today vs the 1-5 Jets team. I agree the defense was a lot worse but it was not one of the better games by the offense if it had been better they still could have pulled one out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final my goodness we let a team that is 1-5 score on every possession in the 2nd half but the last one that they did not need. We give up 34 points to a 1-5 team who coming into the game with a new quarterback in his first career start. The Jets had only scored 80 points in the first 6 games. The offense could only muster 318 yards of offense after last week the 2-4 Patriots with a rookie quarterback racked up 551 yards and 54 points.

This is one will hurt the Bengals not only today but down the road as well. I doubt the Jets will win more than 5 games and will not beat anyone else in the AFC North. Just terrible! A terrible weekend for me as well. First Frederick Douglass on Friday night, then the Cats performance last night, and now the Bengals today. Geeze I think I'll just take a nap. lol

The Jets don’t play anyone else in the AFC North. With that said, that game sucked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bengals as people have said didn’t deserve to win today. However, they did deserve the chance to get the ball back to have a shot to still go win on a day they were completely outplayed. That was such a horrible call! Ugh. 
 

Next Weeks game against the Browns is even bigger now, and need to get that win before the bye week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don’t see how a team that has been kicked around so much can not come out and just want to kill everybody they play!!  Yes, the call was terrible, if anything it should’ve been a PF on the runner, he lowered his head to hit Hilton

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Disagree. The offense did enough to win today. The defense was terrible. The Jets punted the ball one time today. How often does that happen in the NFL? As good as our defensive game plan was last week against Lamar, it was equally bad today against the Jets. When the players were in position to make plays, they failed. Bad tackling all day long. No pressure on an inexperienced QB. Just bad all the way by the defense. 

I think you’re mostly right. Defense was pathetic, the skill people on offense did enough to win, the O line really stunk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s 3 stinkers in 8 games now, not good! Today, Chicago and Jacksonville, we just happened to pull the JVille game out, 3 stinkers and a 1/2 of a stinker against Detroit, the 4 worst teams we’ve played, looks like we’re not mentally getting into the games we think we should win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.