3. Glasgow at Casey County

4. Mercer County vs. DeSales

5. Belfry at Pike County Central

6. Union County at Trigg County

7. Bell County at Estill County

8. Russell at East Carter

9. Lawrence County vs. Floyd Central

10. Ashland vs. Greenup County

Changes in RPI rankings changed last week and more than likely will change again in the next two weeks.  Bardstown plays two 5A schools the next two weeks. Looking for one of the top two spots.  I think people are sleeping on Bardstown despite their ranking.  As you know, all that matters is the outcome of the next game.  One at a time.  Good Luck to the Tigers!!!

2 hours ago, Maleman58 said:

Cal finishes their district play with a trip to Western Hills.  They then finish the season with a game against 6A Eastern.  

CAL, Bardstown, and Glasgow are all on the western side of Class 3A. If things progress as expected one of them will have a road game in the third round. Lots to sort out over the last two weeks of the regular season. 

I think Glasgow and Cal stays at 1 and 2 in the RPI Bardstown is 4 tenths of a point behind Cal however Glasgow is only 5 hundreds of a point ahead of Cal so they both play poor 3A schools this week which may not change a lot however Cal plays a 6A school the final game of the season regardless of how poor they are and Glasgow plays 4A Franklin Simpson. So assuming they all win their final 2 games I think it will finish Cal first, Glasgow second, and Bardstown third.

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

I think Glasgow and Cal stays at 1 and 2 in the RPI Bardstown is 4 tenths of a point behind Cal however Glasgow is only 5 hundreds of a point ahead of Cal so they both play poor 3A schools this week which may not change a lot however Cal plays a 6A school the final game of the season regardless of how poor they are and Glasgow plays 4A Franklin Simpson. So assuming they all win their final 2 games I think it will finish Cal first, Glasgow second, and Bardstown third.

For those curious, here are their remaining schedules:

CAL

• at 3A Western Hills
  • vs. 6A Eastern

Glasgow

• at 3A Casey County
  • vs. 4A Franklin-Simpson

Bardstown

• vs. 5A Fairdale
  • vs. 5A East Jessamine

6 of the top 7 RPI’s are in the west. Hopefully Bardstown beats the two 5A teams and gets a bump. Fairdale was a solid pickup, they are not half bad. It would be a shame to be undefeated, beaten 6 teams from higher classification, and still have to play a 3rd round road game against a 1 loss team.

What’s really helped Glasgow’s RPI this season is what the teams they have played have done. Woodford Co is undefeated, Russellville has only lost 1 game Taylor and Adair are 6-2 I think even Allen Co is 5-3. They’ve played a lot of teams with a lot of wins.

• Like 2