St. Xavier at Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• St. Xavier
    • Pleasure Ridge Park

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2021 at 11:20 PM

#2 St. Xavier (7-1) travels to district foe Pleasure Ridge Park (5-3). St. X is coming off a 43-0 win over Butler. PRP is coming off a 42-0 loss to #4 Manual.

PRP is still looking for the elusive 1st win over the Tigers as they are 0-24 all time against them. St. X currently is ranked #1 in the 6A RPI. With a win over PRP the Tigers will secure the #1 district seed and home field in 1st two rounds of playoffs. St. X should be well rested as the starters had a short night against Butler and have been on fall break from school.

Can the Panthers recover from getting run over by JuWaun Northington and Manual to pull the upset over the Tigers?

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb21/pair_695243484d35396b363936477a513d3d Link to past games between St. X and PRP.

I was a little surprised by the lack luster performance by PRP last week against Manual. I thought they would be able to hold up better. If last week is an indication on the direction PRP is heading the last couple of weeks of the season it could be another running clock game. I don't think PRP will be able to block the front seven of the Tigees and they will be very bothersome to the PRP QB, who I think is a good high school football player. 

I see St. X controlling this game and winning 35-7, and locking up home games for the first two rounds of the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

What are the chances St. X stays #1 in the RPI?

St. X schedule really helping them. Male hurt by having one less game and weaker schedule. Male has Bullitt East and Manual that should be a boost to their schedule. Will be close finish in RPI. Tigers have to take care of business as well last two games. #1 seed will get Trinity in semifinals most likely but Trinity not given to make it that far considering only 3pt win over Ballard. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

20 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

You can get a great fish sandwich at Mike Linnings near PRP. Would be a great pregame stop. 

As for the game, X will name the score. 

Mike Linnings great place for sure. I typically go to Derby City Pizza next door to the school since good and so close.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

These next two weeks I would like to see Bennett Boehlein's role continue to grow in the passing game. He's a big target that can open things up more for Mekhi and allow Duddy to continue to be single covered. 

He had two td receptions against Manual and 1 against Butler so I think he will continue to be utilized.

• Like 1