Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Clay 60 Simon Kenton 53

Featured Replies

Simon Kenton had problems with HC's press.

Congrats HC, I said HC by 4 I was close.

Sounds like HC was to much for the NEERs to handle.

What happened to Mike? How is he doing?

  • Author

I got three calls from LexCath during this game . I know Hester had a asthma attack in the first half and His foot was bothering him in the 2nd half. I hope Mike is well and they do well in the Consolation bracket. They play at 9:00 in the morning!! Ouch!!

Whoa, I wanted to go to the game tomorrow but I don't see it happening anymore.

Kinda figured SK would run in to some problems with HC. Congrats to HC on the W.

I believe this is the NEERS first loss....not a bad start for Coach Trent Steiner and SK. A 7 point loss to a very talented Henry Clay team isn't bad. If Hester was injured or ailing, then I'm sure it had an effect on them. SK will be a force down the stretch.

  • Author

This was the Pioneers 1st loss they are currently 8-1 This was a building block is the Pioneers gameplan to win the 8th region this year. I am sure Henry Clay is very similar to Shelby County. SK plays in a very weak District the 32nd. I am sure they will rebound and learn from this game. I am sure this was the premeire opening game in the 5th 3rd. I hope all is well with Mike .. if anyone hears anything please post.

Hurd was in foul trouble and only ended up scoring 4 for the game. Hester is sick and then gets injured and is limited to 10 points. If someone told you these facts, it would be hard to believe that they led by 8 in the third quarter.

 

Layne was high point man for SK with 14. Let's hope Mike's injury is not serious or the great seaon everyone is expecting...

I would agree I think Henry Clay is similar to Shelby. Both the Rockets and Blue Devils have athletic teams that can cover ground. SK has the advantage in terms of guard play in the 8th region. They have the region's best guard who has the ability to do a lot of good things on the court. If I were an SK fan I would be less concerned with the ashthma attack and beginning to worry about the lingering problems Hester is having staying healthy. His quickness is his biggest asset and that could be compromised some by a foot injury. The Pioneers are off to a good start and will definitely make a strong push for the 8th region title.

Big win for first year coach Daniel Brown and the Blue Devils over a solid Simon Kenton team. Henry Clay is very dangerous with their athletic ability.

SK was in control most of this game under Hester's leadership. He sat most of the 4th qtr with a bad ankle, not asthma. IMO, had he played, SK wins a tough, physical contest.

  • Author
SK was in control most of this game under Hester's leadership. He sat most of the 4th qtr with a bad ankle, not asthma. IMO, had he played, SK wins a tough, physical contest.

Mike had the asthma attack in the 1st quarter not the 4th.

I just got home from the game and there were a couple things that I noticed in this one. Before Hester got hurt he could not be stoped he drove and scored on Henry. The injury did look to be pretty serious he could not even stand up on the foot at the end of the game. SK with Hester in the game would of won by 10. When he was in the game SK would get up by 8 or 10 then Hester comes out and they would blow the lead, it was like that back and fourth the whole game till finally he could not come back in.

 

PS The officiating was not the best but the game was in Lexington.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.