Bullitt East at Danville Predictions/Updates

BEChargers

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Danville
    • Bullitt East

Bullitt East makes the bus ride to Danville to take on the Admirals. 

Danville comes into the game with a record of 4 wins and 2 losses but both losses have been covid cancellations.  The are undefeated if you only count the games they have actually suited up for.  Most recently beating Hazard this past Friday night 23-7.  Danville held a 10-7 lead entering the last quarter before pulling away with a score and defensive pick-6 to seal the deal.  Danville has been a hard team to figure out but they have won every time they've physically taken the field. 

Bullitt East comes into the game with a record of 4-1 losing only to Graves County 48-46 with two missed xp's and a 37 yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining.  Bullitt East has put some points on the board this season averaging just over 47 points a game while allowing 24 points a game.  Bullitt East last game was it's best defensive showing allowing Meade County only 6 points in a losing effort while being blanked offensively in the first half before exploding for 33 points in the second half to win 33-6.  Bullitt East played their best defensive game of the year this past Friday but Danville will be more dangerous than Meade was. 

Danville might be without it's biggest weapon as their Caleb Burns was injured late in the Hazard game and was taken to the hospital to be checked out before heading back to Danville.  Danville always has other weapons but will be at a decided disadvantage if their best offensive player from the last two seasons cannot go.  Bullitt East is led on offense by a four headed attack of Travis Egan at QB, Mason Gauthier at RB and Camron Brogan and Nolan Davenport at WR. 

Egan has thrown for 1280 yards for 14 TD's and 3 int's.  He has also rushed for 213 and 6 td's.  Gauthier has rushed for 835 yards and 13 td's.  Davenport has 28 receptions for 523 and 7 td's and Camron Brogan has 33 catches for 566 and 5 td's.  All four players are Jr's. 

Egan against cross county rival Bullitt Central threw for 375 and 6 td's and ran for 81 yards and 3 more td's.

Danville has Brady Morse at Qb and he can throw the ball and Keelan Story and Caleb Burns have been his biggest targets but Burns running the ball has been Danville's bread and butter.  Without Burns I think it will be a very large task to topple Bullitt East. 

I just hope the game gets played and will hold my breath until Friday. 

Who you got?

• Like 2

Caleb Burns' availability is crucial for Danville. With him, I could see a competitive game that BE takes by a score or two. Without him, I'll take the Chargers comfortably. There's a good team in Mt. Washington this year.

Side note: Danville and Bullitt East met in the 1994 2A state finals, with the Ads winning big. It's the only meeting between the two schools. There's a connection between this year's game and that one. BE's quarterback, Travis Egan, is the son of former BE quarterback Brandon Egan. Brandon led the Chargers that day back in '94 at 'Old Cardinal Stadium'.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Caleb Burns' availability is crucial for Danville. With him, I could see a competitive game that BE takes by a score or two. Without him, I'll take the Chargers comfortably. There's a good team in Mt. Washington this year.

Side note: Danville and Bullitt East met in the 1994 2A state finals, with the Ads winning big. It's the only meeting between the two schools. There's a connection between this year's game and that one. BE's quarterback, Travis Egan, is the son of former BE quarterback Brandon Egan. Brandon led the Chargers that day back in '94 at 'Old Cardinal Stadium'.

The coach for that 1994 team was Mike Egan, Brandon's dad and Travis's Grandfather.  BE plays on Egan field named for the longtime coach Mike Egan.  Travis is a very good QB and a good kid.  He's had a very good season thus far and see no reason why the rest of the season will not go well.  If Burns plays I still think BE wins but it will be tougher. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

That Bullit East Qb can play! Just a playmaker. I know little about Danville, but Bullitt East is a solid team that'll be tough to beat.

Travis is a solid ball player.  He always has been since he was younger and he is absolutely a fantastic kid.  He has D1 potential without question.  In fact, BE has 2 or 3 kids with D1 potential and that's not something you see there very often.  I think BE is 3 or 4 touchdowns better than Danville, but playing at Danville is worth a TD for Danville in itself.  I think the boys will be ready and I believe we started to see what this team can be, both the rest of this year and next year (only 6 seniors), in the 2nd half of the Meade County game.  The only problem is that Male is in their district.  Next year, I think they will be able to be competitive with Male....just not this year.  I'll take BE by 13 in this one; 33-20.

• Like 2