Great Crossing at Scott County Predictions/Updates 

DevilMayCare

Warhawks vs. Cardinals  

16 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

• Great Crossing
    • Scott County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2021 at 11:00 PM

5oa0kc.thumb.jpg.2ef7a35d6e3717cb131fa28a9fd47dc8.jpg

Cardinals and Warhawks sharpen beaks for battle at the Bird's Nest

Records: Great Crossing (5-0), Scott County (2-3)

BGP Ranking: Both unranked in 5A

Series History: Scott County leads 2-0 all-time 

Table Setter: The Warhawks have been circling what appears to be a wounded Cardinal for weeks. The time has finally arrived for Crossing to swoop in and answer a burning question: who is the alpha bird in Georgetown?

Scott County comes in limping after a 35-0 loss to top ranked Frederick Douglass. The Cardinals were held to less than a hundred yards of offense for the second time this season. The defensive effort was there, but a goal line stand and a pair of forced turnovers by Scott County in the first half were all for naught as the Broncos tightened their grip on the series.

Great Crossing had a week off to better scout and prepare for this matchup. Defense has been the strength of this team, week to week. Only Douglass has allowed fewer than the 35 points that GC has surrendered this year and no one has crossed the goal line more than once against them so far. Oryend Fisher (15 TFL/8.5 sacks), Will Frazier (10 TFL/8 sacks) and Tennessee commit Kalib Perry have presented a defensive riddle no one has solved yet this season. 

Strength of schedule is all Scott County. The Cardinals have faced three ranked opponents - Franklin County, Bryan Station, and Douglass. Great Crossing currently has no one on its schedule with a winning record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Scott Co. will win but it won't be 72-7 or 49-18 like the first two games the gap is getting closer each year. Great Crossing has had the past week of to prepare for the Cardinals who I am sure are smarting from their 35-0 defeat at Douglass on Friday night. I look for Scott to win by 15-20 points, but would not be surprised if it would be closer.

• Like 2

Give me Great Crossing. This is a desire thing. Strength of schedule or not, the Warhawks are ready to notch that first win against the Cardinals. Also, the film from last Friday's FDHS game is all they need to look at. If the GCHS D-Line reads their keys, and linebackers fill those gaps, you get a repeat of last week. The Cardinals will score, but it will be a come from behind effort, and that doesn't bode well for Big Brother. Warhawks by 14.

Now, I fully expect them to draw one another for the first round of the playoffs. That matchup I would expect Scott Co to win, because there's a difference in the air that prior winning playoff experience brings for the Cardinals. But this Friday, will belong to Great Crossing.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I think Scott Co. will win but it won't be 72-7 or 49-18 like the first two games the gap is getting closer each year. Great Crossing has had the past week of to prepare for the Cardinals who I am sure are smarting from their 35-0 defeat at Douglass on Friday night. I look for Scott to win by 15-20 points, but would not be surprised if it would be closer.

I'm in line with you on this, although a Great Crossing win might not floor me. The gap is getting closer but I'm not sure the Warhawks are there just yet. I'm also not convinced Scott County is anything close to their glory days - those blowout wins over Lafayette and Dunbar are pretty empty calories.

• Like 1

Scott Co. leads only 7-0 at the half. A head scratching moment really Scott Co. ran out of time right before half at the GC 7 yard line. They have a good as far as I know healthy kicker plus a timeout left and got nothing. Very strange, but a good game what gains Great Crossing has made in only 3 years. 

• Like 1