Former SNL cast member Norm MacDonald has died.

Norm was my favorite comedian.  He was always described as a comedian's comedian - i.e. he was the type that would make other comedians laugh.  Norm was the master of so many perfect comedic talents - the non-sequitur, the comedic pause chief among them. His great moments are too numerous to even begin to talk about here.  But I will note that he was always my favorite Weekend Update anchor on SNL, and "Or so the Germans would have us believe" and "You guessed it, Frank Stallone" are regular quotes of mine that basically no one else around me gets.  I loved watching him on Conan and Letterman when they'd have him on, and I even loved his movie Dirty Work, a hilarious film that people sure did turn out in droves not to watch. 

Rest in Peace Norm, one of the funniest men I've ever seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Norm was my favorite comedian.  He was always described as a comedian's comedian - i.e. he was the type that would make other comedians laugh.  Norm was the master of so many perfect comedic talents - the non-sequitur, the comedic pause chief among them. His great moments are too numerous to even begin to talk about here.  But I will note that he was always my favorite Weekend Update anchor on SNL, and "Or so the Germans would have us believe" and "You guessed it, Frank Stallone" are regular quotes of mine that basically no one else around me gets.  I loved watching him on Conan and Letterman when they'd have him on, and I even loved his movie Dirty Work, a hilarious film that people sure did turn out in droves not to watch. 

Rest in Peace Norm, one of the funniest men I've ever seen.

"You know what hurts the most, is the lack of respect. You know? That's what hurts the most. Except for that other thing. That hurts the most. But the lack of respect hurts the second most." 

My brother and I used to quote that movie to each other. 

Note to self: Find out where Dirty Work is available for streaming and watch it immediately. 

Rest in peace, Norm. You were an original. 

• Like 1