St. Xavier vs. Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2021 at 11:30 PM

6A #3 St. Xavier (2-1) will host Elder (OH) (2-2). St. X is coming off a open week. Elder is coming off a 48-14 loss to Ohio #2 St. Edward. 

St. X is led by QB Jack Sivori who has 13 touchdowns (6 rushing/ 7 passing). The WR duo of Mekhi Smith & Michael Duddy both have caught 3 touchdowns. 

The St. X defense has been led by LB Ben Marks with 24 tackles. S Tyler Boggs is 2nd with 22 tackles. Last year's leading tackler LB Jaxon Panariello has been practicing the last two weeks but not sure his playing status this Friday. 

Elder is rated #30 in Ohio according to Calpreps computer ratings. Elder also defeated Covington Catholic 28-6 earlier this season.

Elder QB Ben Hambleton was 25 of 36 with 256 yards and a touchdown against St. Edward but also threw 3 costly interceptions. 

This looks like a competitive game. Can St. X get the win?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's what I'm talking about!

X victory formation. Final. St. X 31-21.

I expect X to win this game or I think it is a strong sign high school football is really down in KY this year.

Posted Images

I'll go with the Tigers in this matchup. Elder will be a tough opponent, but I don't think they'll be as physically imposing as previous Cincinnati team St. X has played in years past. Sivori has played well and if he continues his same play he will be tough for Elder to contain. If after the bye week St. X can add a few more pieces to their defense they will have better depth on that side of the ball and that is only a positive. 

St. X 24

Elder 14

This isn't a hot take, but I can see Sivori having another big game from a rushing stand point. With Elder's 3-3-5 they have a tendency to leave some rushing lanes open and Sivori could take advantage of those if he needs to scramble. 

• Like 1

Hard to evaluate out of state teams vs KY teams, especially in Jeff Co.  That being said, I will say this is a 3 point game. One play here & there will make the difference. STX QB will be the one player Elder can't account for. STX 24-21

• Like 1

I think Mekhi could have a big receiving day with the style of defense elder plays. They like to play man free and that's going to leave someone on an island with Mekhi. That spells trouble for the defensive secondary. Especially if the running game remains effective as it has been, Elder will have problems.