Ole Miss 43 Louisville 24

Tigerpride94

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

He seems to be a good dude, but I think he may be in over his head. I’m not in anyway trying to act like Louisville is some traditional football power, but it’s not Appalachian State either. He can’t recruit the same caliber of player he did at App State and expect to have success in the ACC. 

If he were able to get Charlie Strong era talent, he’d do just fine, but this staff has yet to show the ability to go out and get dudes that will consistently compete at this level. 

That is a similar attitude I have regarding him. As a UK fan I was worried about him coming in and taking a lot of in-state guys but it sounds like he doesn't even really try to go for them. I am wiht @John Anthony, I don't think he will be a long term guy there. I bet Coach Strong still kicks himself for ever leaving UL. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

I bet Coach Strong still kicks himself for ever leaving UL. 

He may be kicking himself now, but there's no way you say no to Texas when he took that job. 

I'm a firm believer that Charlie Strong could have had long, sustained success at UofL. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

He may be kicking himself now, but there's no way you say no to Texas when he took that job. 

I'm a firm believer that Charlie Strong could have had long, sustained success at UofL. 

I agree that WHEN he took the job, you can't say no. Nowadays I think it is far easier to say no to Texas but that is probably for another thread. 

And you are 100% correct about him having sustained success at UL. From that standpoint, as a cats fan, I am glad he did leave haha! 

• Like 1

1 game doesn't make a season. Will have to see how things play out. If Satterfield ends with a winning record, he won't be getting replaced. Probably take a 4-8 season to get him canned. Satterfield lost some good will with fan base over the flirt with South Carolina job so won't take a lot to get fanbase to turn on him if keep losing.Things aren't looking good now and with a sizeable win over EKU and then follow that with win over UCF and the Ole Miss game will be forgotten. Fans are fickle and have what have you done for me lately scope. I'm season ticket holder for UofL football and have seen some great years and some terrible years. I hope the team improves after this first game. 

50 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I didn't watch the game, but what is the consensus of those that did; Louisville just not that good yet or is Ole Miss a little bit better than anticipated?

Probably a combo of both. I do think Ole Miss maybe improved on defense. They had LB who transferred from Maryland who one of best LB's in big ten and he seemed to be in on every tackle. Ole Miss offense looked same as last year which put up 48 on Alabama.

54 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I didn't watch the game, but what is the consensus of those that did; Louisville just not that good yet or is Ole Miss a little bit better than anticipated?

I thought Ole Miss really looked the part.  

I look forward to following them in the SEC this year.

• Like 1