KY MS Football

NKYRaider

I assume you're mostly interested in NKY teams based on your name.  From last night I know.

7th grade Highlands MS over Turkeyfoot 50-14.

8th grade Highlands MS White over Turkeyfoot 23-22.  Highlands won by 1 and the score was close to 23-22, but that may not be exactly right.

3 hours ago, Hoopoop said:

I assume you're mostly interested in NKY teams based on your name.  From last night I know.

8th grade Highlands MS White over Turkeyfoot 23-22.  Highlands won by 1 and the score was close to 23-22, but that may not be exactly right.

I was told the 8th grade game was 24-23 Birds.  Mikey Abner sealed the deal with a late pick and the team rallied from a 23-7 halftime deficit.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, Hoopoop said:

I'd love for all the scores around the state, but thanks for sharing. 

Union Raiders 8th is 3-0 w/ wins over Elkhorn 50-6, North Pulaski 34-12, Scott County 36-12. 7th is 2-1 w/ big wins over Elkhorn and Scott County. Lost big to really good North Pulaski team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Mikey Abner's name flying around social media again last weekend. He had a TD reception and a Converted Extra point reception for the Win in Overtime against Woodland's 8th grade team. It's nice to see some Highlands household names coming back around. Dunn, Cook, Ellison, Abner, Schwalbach, Fennell to name a few. All with strong Bloodlines to the program. The future looks bright in Ft Thomas.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:11 AM, NKYRaider said:

Would love for someone to figure out how to run a MS Football League in KY. We’re entering week 4 and still no scores posted anywhere. 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, NKYRaider said:

Union Raiders 8th is 3-0 w/ wins over Elkhorn 50-6, North Pulaski 34-12, Scott County 36-12. 7th is 2-1 w/ big wins over Elkhorn and Scott County. Lost big to really good North Pulaski team. 

I get what you're saying...but realistically, I think we're somewhat spoiled by the KHSAA Scoreboard for high schools. That has been a genuinely fantastic resource for folks around the state (including sports writers) as far as creating one centralized center for scores and sports data.

The fact is, the KHSAA had to dedicate some serious resources back in the late 90s to get database and software development guru Frank Riherd to create the Scoreboard, and since then the KHSAA has spent a lot of time and effort and cajoling to get schools to report to the Scoreboard - and there are still programs that are woefully late or completely delinquent about reporting in some sports still. In a lot of states, there are absolutely no equivalent resources to the Scoreboard. Getting something rolling that for middle school sports, especially without a singular governing body like the KHSAA is for high school sports in the state, seems like an awfully tall order.

7 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I get what you're saying...but realistically, I think we're somewhat spoiled by the KHSAA Scoreboard for high schools. That has been a genuinely fantastic resource for folks around the state (including sports writers) as far as creating one centralized center for scores and sports data.

The fact is, the KHSAA had to dedicate some serious resources back in the late 90s to get database and software development guru Frank Riherd to create the Scoreboard, and since then the KHSAA has spent a lot of time and effort and cajoling to get schools to report to the Scoreboard - and there are still programs that are woefully late or completely delinquent about reporting in some sports still. In a lot of states, there are absolutely no equivalent resources to the Scoreboard. Getting something rolling that for middle school sports, especially without a singular governing body like the KHSAA is for high school sports in the state, seems like an awfully tall order.

There are two main middle school leagues in nky as I understand it. Really just one that holds the majority of the teams, the NKMSAA. Yes, it would be great if they had a scoreboard of some sort. Or even a calendar, and not a downloadable PDF for schedules. There’s a lot that could be done there. It would also be nice if they had contact information available so that interested parties could reach out to either help or ask for more information. 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, NKYRaider said:

I realize there is no Ryle middle school, but why is the 8th grade team “Union”?  Isn’t there a middle school on the same campus? Is this not a school team?

10 hours ago, TyroneBigsby said:

I realize there is no Ryle middle school, but why is the 8th grade team “Union”?  Isn’t there a middle school on the same campus? Is this not a school team?

The Union Raider program is not directly affiliated with any of the schools. With the way the district is, kids could have to go to different Middle schools, but ALL kids are in the Ryle district. Most kids attend Gray MS (which is on campus), but some attend Ockerman, and even RA, but still will attend Ryle and are in Ryle's district. 

3 hours ago, 859sports said:

The Union Raider program is not directly affiliated with any of the schools. With the way the district is, kids could have to go to different Middle schools, but ALL kids are in the Ryle district. Most kids attend Gray MS (which is on campus), but some attend Ockerman, and even RA, but still will attend Ryle and are in Ryle's district. 

Which middle schools feed each of the 4 Boone co high schools. I ask because the NKMSAA requires players to attend the middle school they play for, except for CovCath and NewCath, but that’s a whole other can of worms. And the Boone Co schools don’t play in the NKMSAA. I’m assuming this is the reason? 

Ryle's district can have kids that are in RA, Ockerman, Gray (primarily Gray)

Conner can have kids from Conner MS, Camp Ernst (primarily CMS)

Boone has kids from RA, Ockerman (primarily RA)

Cooper kids go to Camp Ernst, BallyShannon, Ockerman (primarily camp Ernst)

6 middle schools each with their own designated district, 4 high schools with their own designated district, so I believe that's how it breaks down...

Union Raiders 8th beat Boone Cty 56-0

Union Raiders 7th beat Boone Cty 40-6

I’m looking for scrimmages for the Union Raiders backup 8th grade team. Mostly 1st year players. Ideally NKY area. Please PM me if interested.

Union Raiders 8th grade team has an opening the week of Oct 7th. Looking for a top-tier team to play. Will travel. Please PM me if interested.