Field of Dreams game

I know that FOX and MLB have an obsessive need to try and keep the Yankees the be all end all of baseball, but how is the game not a rematch of the 1919 World Series?   People were tuning into this game no matter what.  The field is the story, not the teams.    MLB dropped the ball, yet again, on this one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Raven said:

I know that FOX and MLB have an obsessive need to try and keep the Yankees the be all end all of baseball, but how is the game not a rematch of the 1919 World Series?   People were tuning into this game no matter what.  The field is the story, not the teams.    MLB dropped the ball, yet again, on this one.

Okay, let me get this straight...you readily admit that the field is the story, not the teams.  But, then you complain about one of the teams playing?  Sorry, didn't mean to bust your chops on that.  It just came across as awfully ironic when I first read it.

I hadn't thought about an "ideal" matchup, but I like where you were going with the rematch of the 1919 WS.  Would've been really cool if they could've pulled this off two years ago, on the 100th anniversary.  But, maybe MLB prefers to keep that scandal swept under the rug as much as possible.

17 hours ago, The Raven said:

I just assumed the two teams were movie related: the White Sox because of Shoeless Joe Jackson and the Yankees because Moonlight Graham played for the New York Giants and that team doesn't exist anymore.