Projected Strengths and Weaknesses ...

I follow Glasgow high school. I think their strengths will be speed, size, and experience. I think their weaknesses are they have a bunch of talent but it doesn’t appear they have a superstar although that may change when the season starts. Also I’m really curious what kind of offense they are going to run a predominately running team for years the past 5 or 6 they had been a spread throw the ball all over the place team. And that’s the way they started last year until their starting quarterback who was a junior got hurt and then they went to a freshman and ran a wing T which they were very effective with. So which way will they go the now senior and the spread or a now sophomore and the Wing T. I suppose we will find out August 20th.

St. Xavier: Strength will be defense especially at defensive ends and linebackers. Weakness will be inexperienced offensive line & inexperienced corner backs. Offense strength will be receivers and QB's that are mobile so less likely to get sacked. Kicking game should be strength.

McCracken County: Strength will be the skill positions on offense, return every starting skill position player, and the front 7 of the defense. Weakness will be a really young offensive line, needing to replace 4 multi-year starters, and the secondary losing 3 of 5 starters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Belfry

Strength- Mr. Football caliber RB returning along with a couple strong linemen on both sides of the ball. Legendary Head Coach.

Weakness- Overall lack of experience and depth. Big questions at LB, FB, QB, and the secondary. Playing a borderline lunatic schedule.

• Like 2

Owensboro:

Strength  - Wimsatt, behind a very good O-line (2 D1 guys) Lindsay, Miller, Williams, Chaney(who started before he was hurt  last year).  WR's are replacing 3 of 4, but I think this group will be better (with the exception of losing Tinsley) - Rogers, Early (who should have played alot last year and a game breaker), looks like they've also moved Taylor from CB to WR, very fast,  Pendleton 6-4 and 2nd in high jump at state.

It looks like Robinson or basketball star Carbon moving to starting RB.

Defense, although losing both MLB's will be BETTER IMO.  They hit their stride later in the year with a Sophomore dominated group.  Hines a monster on the line, Early (transfer from Hancock) could play MLB or Safety, Moorman, Carbon, Clark in the secondary all are exceptional, Goodwin an outstanding linebacker.

Weaknesses/Challenges - losing Avery at RB, Tinsley at WR, Gough and Avery at MLB is the biggest hole to fill.  I believe Gough has a brother who is a freshman and is outstanding - will he start as a freshman like his older brother?  

I'm sure others tighter with the program can shed more light.

• Like 1

Bowling Green:

Strengths:  Defense - the Purples will have one of the best defensive lines in the State.  Even though they lose star LB Rece Jones, 2020 State Championship Game MVP LB Tyler Moore should assume that spot fine.  Other big time playmakers in the secondary return.  This unit should be solid from the get-go.

Weaknesses/Challenges:  Offense - The Purples will graduate 9 from the State Championship Team.  They will be inexperienced but the talent should still be there.  Likely QB will be SR Spencer Newman, who will be a solid, steady QB for BG.  Running Back may be by committee at the beginning.  At WR - SR Will Vale will catch alot of balls and there are new and young talented Purples ready for their shot.  On OL, Austin Anderson is a D1 prospect and will anchor the line with others that largely played back up roles last season.  OL Coach Cy Williams has done an outstanding job with this unit and I look for that to continue.

It's almost a complete reversal from last season where there were many more questions on defense.  In 2021, those questions will be directed to the offense.  No question replacing QB Conner Cooper, RB Javey Bunton and ALL Purple Eli Burwash will be very difficult.  But the Purples have done it before.  I look for them to struggle on offense early and continue to get better throughout the year while the defense is solid from Day 1.

• Like 3

Paducah Tilghman:

Strengths: Finally have a qb who can throw and a coaching staff who will allow him to do it. The incoming Sophmore class will lead the way as many of these guys played significant time as Freshman, including a couple really good running backs. Tilghman has several who will be 5th year Seniors who will make major impacts at the wideout position in Cam Marshall and Brian Thomas. The offensive skill positions will be legitimate. The defensive secondary should be a definite strength. 

Weaknesses: 

The offensive and defensive lines, which have been very, very good for that power running game the last several years are gone. These young guys are big and show promise, but are unknown at the moment. As much as I love the turnover with the coaching staff, it does worry me as we've been through this too many times the last decade. The linebacking corp is middle of the road, mainly due to depth until someone proves they can step up. 

• Like 1