Reds vs. Giants (5/17 - 5/20)

29 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Good info. I don't agree on the Reds as a bad team, but good info.

I don’t really think they are either but something is just missing in them, just can’t put it together enough to be a consistent winning team!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Oh sure, now you realize what you've done.

Your bad mojo is going to carry over into the weekend.  Brewers might as well bring the brooms with them.

31 years since they've won a playoff series.  I ain't remotely the problem here lol jk

David Bell should be up for manager of the year.  There is nobody who can give more games away in a season than this guy.  Down 1-0 entering ninth and Antone and Fulmer are warmed up.  Who do you bring in?  Consider you pitched Sims in 5th to prevent game from getting out of hand.  Time for him to go.

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

David Bell should be up for manager of the year.  There is nobody who can give more games away in a season than this guy.  Down 1-0 entering ninth and Antone and Fulmer are warmed up.  Who do you bring in?  Consider you pitched Sims in 5th to prevent game from getting out of hand.  Time for him to go.

That time passed a while back I think

39 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Damn Nostradamus over here.  You sure spoke it into fruition...maybe.

Is that the same the same Fulmer that used to Coach Tennessee football??  Nah, couldn’t be, that Fulmer would be a better pitcher than this guy!!!

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

That time passed a while back I think

The one thing you can count on every Reds season is whining about the manager. It doesn't matter who it is. Usually within 3 days of Opening Day the manager attacks begin. I am thinking maybe Davey Johnson is the last manager that the fans didn't whine about as an idiot. That being said, I agree with this comment about Bell using Fulmer and then sticking with him when he clearly had no command of his pitches. The Reds scored zero so it is hard to say that cost them the game, but it sure would have been a different headset hitting in the ninth down by 1 instead of 4.

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The home plate umpire tonight was the worst I have ever seen. He was just bad. Pitches that were very obvious strikes called balls and vice versa. It truly was unbelievable how bad he was on a many calls on both teams.

I agree, very, very bad by major league standards, I umpired college/high school for 35 years and I could’ve done better than that!!

9 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Damn Nostradamus over here.  You sure spoke it into fruition...maybe.

So...how about this...Reds bust out the whooping sticks in the series finale.  13 hits, including a couple of homers, as they chase Cueto after four.  Mahle goes 6, gives up 2.  The pen shuts the Giants out the rest of the way, as the Reds win 7-2.

What do you think?

Nah, you're right.  Cueto more likely to pitch a no-no against them.  😁

• Haha 1