Bellevue - 2021 Schedule

8/6 vs. Bracken County/Carroll County/Fleming County (Scrimmage)
8/13 vs. Dohn Community (OH) (Scrimmage)
8/20 at Covington Holy Cross
8/27 vs. Metcalfe County
9/3 vs Bishop Brossart
9/10 vs. Magoffin County
9/17 vs. Gallatin County
9/24 - OPEN
10/1 at Newport
10/8 at Dayton*
10/15 vs. Newport Central Catholic*
10/22 at Ludlow*
10/29 vs. Holmes

*District game

unnamed.gif.60fa98e2ce4ce8fc674f819725bf8bd6.gif

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Added Scrimmages
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How many players do we think it takes to get through a season at least 20. I know Glasgow played Shawnee one year in the playoffs when Shawnee only had 15 although I think they had more than that when season started. That was a really lopsided game but I also remember them playing Campbellsville one year when they probably didn’t have 25 but they were pretty competitive.

Is this a recent development? I’m curious because Bellevue and Dayton’s youth teams recently merged.  Did they merge because of numbers or to be more competitive?  If it was because of numbers, then the writing is on the wall for both high school programs. If it was to be more competitive, then they cut the amount of available youth positions in half, and that may trickle up to the high school level. 

• 3 weeks later...

I will also say it was the best decision we ever could’ve made.  The River City Ducks program has done great in its first 3 seasons. We now have great numbers for cheer & football.  Consistently we are able to field all levels including youth. Allows us to place players in positions to succeed instead of positions of need. 

• Like 2