Ashland 76 West Carter 69 (16th Region Tournament Semifinals O/T)

This was the best game I've seen this season. West would not let Ashland get away from them. It was like two prize fighters trading punches to the final bell. The last second 3 from Porter in regulation gave Ashland enough of a boost to carry them through OT. West maybe a little deflated?

Ashland's Cole Villers (35 pts)and West's Tyson Webb (36) turned in one of the best back and forth scoring duels I've seen in this tournament over the years. 

The Tomcats have 8 lives left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Phenomenal game, but West Carter has to foul there at the end of regulation.  The Ashland player had his back to the basket and everything, less than five on the clock.  No way you let him shoot a three for the tie!

Always foul. Always.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I don't understand why that's so complicated. 

I’ve seen it (not) happen too many times.   

As a for instance, 2004 state tournament quarters, Mason County against Trinity, Royals down 3 with seconds to go.  Everybody in Rupp knew that Chris Lofton would make the shot if he wasn’t fouled. Everybody listening to the radio knew it.   Everybody everywhere knew it.  We’d already seen that scenario play out in the finals of the Lexington Catholic holiday tourney against Catholic with Tubby Smith in the building  

No foul.  Shot made.  Game eventually went to triple overtime with Mason County winning.  Their semifinal game was another classic with Scott County.   Two of the best high school basketball games I’ve ever seen.

But they never should have gotten to that semi. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I’ve seen it (not) happen too many times.   

As a for instance, 2004 state tournament quarters, Mason County against Trinity, Royals down 3 with seconds to go.  Everybody in Rupp knew that Chris Lofton would make the shot if he wasn’t fouled. Everybody listening to the radio knew it.   Everybody everywhere knew it.  We’d already seen that scenario play out in the finals of the Lexington Catholic holiday tourney against Catholic with Tubby Smith in the building  

No foul.  Shot made.  Game eventually went to triple overtime with Mason County winning.  Their semifinal game was another classic with Scott County.   Two of the best high school basketball games I’ve ever seen.

But they never should have gotten to that semi. 

I was at that Trinity game.  Confounding decision not to foul.

• Like 1