Ballard vs. Trinity (7th Region Semifinal) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/24/2021 at 11:36 PM

Ballard (17-2) vs. Trinity (18-5) on 3/24 at Valley H.S. at 7:30.

Previous meeting:

Trinity defeated Ballard 102-85 in double overtime.

Last game:

Ballard defeated Central 80-47.

Trinity defeated St. Xavier 62-58.

Top players:

Ballard: 

1. Sophomore Gabe Sisk (19.0/4.9), 3% 36.5, FT% 74.0

2. Junior Maker Bar (15.9/10.3), 3% 33.3, FT% 82.6

3. Junior Kennedy Hayden (12.6/3.1), 3% 43.1, FT% 75.0

4. Junior Derrick Tilford ( 8.0/2.9), 3% 43.5, FT% 71.4

5. Senior Chaunte Marrero ( 7.5/3.5), 3% 18.9, FT% 76.2

Trinity:

1. Senior Zach Stahlman (13.6/5.9), 3% 45.5, FT% 96.2

2. Senior Ethan Hodge (12.0/3.5), 3% 39.1, FT% 71.9

3. Senior Will McMillan (10.8/5.3), FT% 40.0

4. Junior Miles Franklin (10.2/5.3) 3% 34.1, FT% 75.7

5. Sophomore Cam McClain (9.3/2.2), 3% 43.4, FT% 73.7

Winner plays the winner of Male vs. Manual in championship on 3/27 at Valley H.S. at 3:00.

In the previous matchup, Trinity dominated the 2nd overtime to win by 17. Ballard should be highly motivated by that loss coming into this game. Trinity shot the ball well against ST.X in quarterfinals and will need to continue that against Ballard. In the previous meeting, Trinity's Zach Stahlman had a monster game that will be tough to replicate scoring 32 and snaring 14 rebounds. In the previous meeting, Ballard's Chaunte Marrero had a big game scoring 26 points and will be tough to match that again. Being on a neutral court will level the playing field and with all things equal, Ballard will be in a better spot than when these last two played. If Trinity continues to shoot well and limits turnovers, they can win this game. Do you think Trinity makes it two straight wins or does Ballard get revenge for their earlier loss?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

I just think Ballard is too good. Trinity will play hard and keep it close, but just think Ballard will end up winning by about 7 points. 

I agree with this assessment.  I really haven't seen either team this season but I believe Ballard has more talent than Trinity.   Possibly, Trinity could be more physical.   Don't know about depth.   I assume both teams play good defense.     Both teams have good coaches and should be fairly well rested.   I don't think it will be a shoot'em up game.   T would probably like to keep it in the 50's. ....B, the 70's.  For Trinity to win, I think they have to shoot and rebound extremely well.   I have a feeling (from where, I don't know) that T can handle B's pressure.   If I was forced to  choose the winner, I'd have to go with the Bruins.

3 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

I agree with this assessment.  I really haven't seen either team this season but I believe Ballard has more talent than Trinity.   Possibly, Trinity could be more physical.   Don't know about depth.   I assume both teams play good defense.     Both teams have good coaches and should be fairly well rested.   I don't think it will be a shoot'em up game.   T would probably like to keep it in the 50's. ....B, the 70's.  For Trinity to win, I think they have to shoot and rebound extremely well.   I have a feeling (from where, I don't know) that T can handle B's pressure.   If I was forced to  choose the winner, I'd have to go with the Bruins.

It's the same as always.  If T handles the press and does not get abused on defensive glass then they can win but then the X factor will be how well Sisk and Hayden are hitting from 3.

We will find out soon enough!

• Like 1