Highlands 54 NewCath 50

Highlands went 12 deep again last night. Surprisingly little time for Simons and Wise. Kruse was very impressive off the bench and Ball put in quality minutes. Kiernan played okay considering he is just coming off the football field. NCC does not do a very good job of getting the ball in his hands down on the blocks IMO. There were several instances where he was handling the ball 20 feet away from the basket. Good win for the Birds. Expect a miniture football game on Friday at Brossart.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands went 12 deep again last night. Surprisingly little time for Simons and Wise. Kruse was very impressive off the bench and Ball put in quality minutes. Kiernan played okay considering he is just coming off the football field. NCC does not do a very good job of getting the ball in his hands down on the blocks IMO. There were several instances where he was handling the ball 20 feet away from the basket. Good win for the Birds. Expect a miniture football game on Friday at Brossart.

Ouch--I'd have to like Highlands in this one then!!

In the first half, NCC had Kiernan bring the ball up the floor several times because their guards were having trouble dealing with the Highlands pressure.

In the first half, NCC had Kiernan bring the ball up the floor several times because their guards were having trouble dealing with the Highlands pressure.

No knock on Zach, but if this is true; its going to be a long season on the hill!!

not the first time this year either. He's done very well with it. NCC is a little light on guards this year.

I wasnt there but my boy said the floor is different, have they refinished it or just waxed it? He also said it was pretty soggy in there last night.

If I were NCC I'd have to be pretty happy with the progress so far this season considering the extremely late start and lack of practice time. Miles ahead of last season when they were 3-9 in mid January but ended up winning the 9th region All-A and finishing as the 9th region runner-up.

They would be expected to be bothered by a press early on since you can't really practice against it with a limited number of players. Hopefully that will improve as the year goes on and football guys become basketball guys.

If I were Highlands it might be a good thing to see other players step up as they become a more balanced team. It is always tough to replace a proven player like Vories especially early in the year, so any win is a good win. Especially when you have to do it by hitting pressure foul shots.

Hey...I gotta eat some crow (bird?)...I dared NCC to shoot outside and looks like they were up to the challenge...wasn't there but sounds like a pretty even game...the refs probably were the difference(LOL)...EASY, it's a joke!!!

I wasnt there but my boy said the floor is different, have they refinished it or just waxed it? He also said it was pretty soggy in there last night.

Different good or different bad? I buddy told me the middle school floor is as bad as it gets....played a 7th grade game there and said it is an ice rink! Are you saving all the money for the new football building?

Different good or different bad? I buddy told me the middle school floor is as bad as it gets....played a 7th grade game there and said it is an ice rink! Are you saving all the money for the new football building?

I am assuming the High school gym difference he meant was good.

The Middle school floor is being re-done over the christmas Holiday...in fact I think they are starting today.